• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The spell is broken

SteveA

Any of you ever go through a period where you just can't find a cigar you really enjoy. In about the last week I'd smoked a Dip PC, Punch RS #11 and Pepin Blue Label. The Dip, though flavorful, didn't fit my flavor profile and left me dissatisfied. The Punch, smoked at a recent herf, was just bland and a complete dissappointment. The Pepin was full of flavor and very full-bodied but again it just didn't seem to fit what I was looking for. So last night, after working and then going fishing, I returned home and figured I've got to break this spell. What smoke would give me the best odds of breaking the spell? I decided to break out the big guns and selected a Davidoff Short Perfecto. WOW! What a great cigar. This cigar has a couple years on it and I find that these are aging extremely well. I enjoyed every puff. Unfortunately, I only have 9 left; but who's counting.

Smoke on... :thumbs:

My experience with Davidoff is that the extreme consistency from one year to another and the fact that they are made so well are worth the money to me. . They have enough different styles now that they would appeal to most. I know the price makes it difficult to smoke daily for most.

After smoking a 2007 LE Puros the other night, I came to the conclusion that with so many disappointing experiences from many other cigars ranging from poor draws, to different flavor profiles from the exact same cigar, that these are one of, if not the most consistent cigars on the market. Obviously you pay for that. IF you can find one that matches your flavor profile I don't know a better made stick. Like Raymond said from Davidoff, smoke less, but smoke better. Just one mans opinion.

There are two sure fire ways of identifying an inexperienced cigar smoker. They pronounce Davidoff incorectly and they think they're expensive.

Doc.

There are two sure fire ways of identifying an inexperienced cigar smoker. They pronounce Davidoff incorectly and they think they're expensive.

Doc.

I bought 3 davidoff robusto milleniums in NY City in March and they where expensive and very tasty. I really enjoyed them...

I thought it was an amalgm of David and Hassellhoff. Is this not true?

Sometimes you just have to bring out the big guns to get out of a rut. Smoke em if you got em. :D Glad that got you out of your funk.

Doc.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I won't sit and argue that fact that I'm inexperienced. I have only been smoking for a year, but regardless of if I have smoked for 1 year, or 20 years, 20 bucks a smoke is pricey. Yes, I know there are more expensive sticks, but to me 20 bucks for ONE cigar is expensive, and anybody who doesn't just have money to throw around will say the same thing.

If somebody wants to sit and smoke Davidoffs all the time, that fine. This poor college student will stick to his Montes, VSGs, and G.A.Rs.

Doc.

I bought 3 davidoff robusto milleniums in NY City in March and they where expensive and very tasty. I really enjoyed them...

That was your first mistake, never buy any cigar(s) in NYC you get taken. Second was enjoying a Davidoff!

That Davidoff I smoked at the event in KC last weekend was alright. :thumbs:

I don't believe you. How could anything that old taste good. It's like eating day old donuts...

:sign: :D

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

I estimate that the value of the cigars you smoked at the Outlaw was equal to the GNP of a small African nation. And good on ya for for smoking 'em - life's too short to smoke bad cigars or to NOT smoke good ones.

- Tim

Wait, you mean they aren't called Dave e doffs?? jk :rolleyes:

Daaaaavidof

You're not really lost until you're smoking Cuban davidoff's. That's when you realize having children would've been so much cheaper....

I thought it was an amalgm of David and Hassellhoff. Is this not true?

Funny thing about Hasselhoff I was in Marnia Del Rey, CA comming in from fishing and cleaning out my bait tank by throwing the sardines over the side of the boat.. well guess who i hit with the sardines in one of my toss's ? yep david hassellhoff going out on his seadoo with a lady friend of his. OOPS :laugh:

Daaaaavidof

You're not really lost until you're smoking Cuban davidoff's. That's when you realize having children would've been so much cheaper....

Nonsense, I say we do both!

I'd love to try a Davidoff but holey smokes the damn cost of the things. Or am I reading the cost charts wrong?

I wish I had never tried any of their smokes. I want em, but just not something I can afford to do regularly like I wish I could.

Davidoff's, Padron 80ths, high end Fuente's, LE Cohibas......expensive, sure. Worth it...?? Absolutely.

I don't eat prime rib every day, nor do I smoke the above daily, or even weekly. But, when the occasion calls for something really exceptional, they can be counted on to deliver an exceptional smoke.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.