• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The sun is over the yardarm somewhere

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Well it's 1044 and I've poured my first drink, One of my special Bloody Mary's made with my own homegrown horseradish.
For Italians, Christmass eve is the big event. We eat lot's of wonderful seafood, stuffed squid (no jokes please), octopus, lobster of course, baccala, shrimp etc. I was curious if any of you have kept your ethnic traditions alive.

Merry Chrismas,
Doc.

Tomorrow is the big feed day for us. Tonight is snacks galore.

Last night I put a Pork Shoulder in a Mojo marinade with a lime and orange added to it. Tossed the peppers and onions in to soak with it also. The sides are snap beans, arroz amarillo con gandules, and plaintanos.

On Christmass it will be my home made speghetti (my kids special request).

Emo

Got a few really nice Rib Eye steaks cut and some huge shrimp for the Christmas Eve meal.

Tomorrow is the traditional southern breakfast... Sugar cured country ham, scrambled eggs, and cathead bisquits.

Christmas dinner served later..Turkey and dressing with all the fixins. :thumbs:

Roast Duck with my Wife's red cabbage and German Knodel's are on the menu for tomorrow.

Tonight its Brautwurst over the in-laws.

Tonight is the big night for us. We're having Lechon (roast pig) at my parent's and at my in-law's houses.

Devil Doc said:
I was curious if any of you have kept your ethnic traditions alive.
[snapback]266348[/snapback]​

yes, i'm irish, we drink.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tomorrow is the big day for me, fried turkey, smoked fresh ham,and all the trimmings.Man I wish i could get some bacala here in georgia I would love to try some I have seen the italians on TV cook it and it just looks incredible to me, but I love cod any way I can get it. :thumbs:

Christmas eve is usually just a little family thing. We stay home and play board games and usually watch a movie. Tomorrow we'll have a big lunch/dinner with relatives. After all of that, I'll probably go to a little party of my own with my friends. :whistling:

We had a tenderloin and I made some teriyaki butter garlic shrimp as an appetizer. I love the holidays; it's always the best food of the year.

Wurm said:
Roast Duck with my Wife's red cabbage and German Knodel's are on the menu for tomorrow.

Tonight its Brautwurst over the in-laws.
[snapback]266362[/snapback]​
bratwurst over the in-laws,sounds interesting. what do you drink with that? :p

the mayor said:
Devil Doc said:
I was curious if any of you have kept your ethnic traditions alive.

yes, i'm irish, we drink.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
[snapback]266370[/snapback]​

And THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! :sign: LMAO!!!

Floyd T. :sign:

Devil Doc said:
Well it's 1044 and I've poured my first drink, One of my special Bloody Mary's made with my own homegrown horseradish.
For Italians, Christmass eve is the big event. We eat lot's of wonderful seafood, stuffed squid (no jokes please), octopus, lobster of course, baccala, shrimp etc. I was curious if any of you have kept your ethnic traditions alive.

Merry Chrismas,
Doc.

Hell yeah!!! Today my mother makes homemade raviolli.

And I like to pretend i'm a lil irish...so I drink too lol

We have an old counter top rotisserie that used to belong to my wife's parents; still works like a champ (made out of metal - held together with screws....go figure). Just wouldn't be Christmas without a prime rib on the 'tiss driving everyone crazy with that incredible aroma until dinnertime. Horseradish sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, etc....hey, is it dinnertime yet..??...:love: Also, by request, we have a turkey breast and all the trimmings that go with it.

Speaking of Turkey, there's one Wild Turkey that I'm going to chase after off and on most of the day....:p But - It's 0741 so it's time to get started with a big cup of fresh ground coffee and an AM stogie before the family arrives...:cool:

The very best wishes from me and my family to all of you for a very Merry Christmas and a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year....!!!

Cheers - B.B.S.

We are having the traditional turkey and fixins'. I also smoked a whole pork loin at the request of my son. I hope it is enough.

The turkeys (2, 22lb)are Good Eats Roasted turkey recipe (we talked about it at Thanksgiving time). The pork is brined as well, just a simple brine with brown sugar, shallots, and a bit of Tobasco to make it interesting.

This has and continues to be an adventure. We are expecting 40 people over for dinner :) I rented the banquet hall at the Holiday Inn, and the honeymoon suite.
It will be the biggest gathering of the Wisbey family (and supporting cast) in years.

Simmerin' the broth for the giblet gravy....bird is goin in around 12:30...... I'm going to try an apple / pecan stuffing this time....should be good.

Merry Christmas all!