• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Weekend Project

my wife has noted that she can hardly discern the smell of smoke on my clothes and the room is clear of any smell within an hour or so.

When my wife was pregnant she could smell the smoke before I got out of my car! I think she's being nice (read: Blowing Smoke Up Your Ass).

Looks great Jonas!

Looks really cool! :)
Hope sometime I'll have my own. :)

How do you keep it heated dumping 300 cfm of heated inside air outside? I have a little room of about 70sqft with a 115 cfm fan and a 20,000 BTU kero heater can't keep it warm in the winter.

Glad it's working out for you though.

I was definitely worried about that but so far I haven't noticed a big temp drop with the fan going. If it does get a bit cold I just run that small dish heater and it seems to have no problem keeping the place warm.

my wife has noted that she can hardly discern the smell of smoke on my clothes and the room is clear of any smell within an hour or so.

When my wife was pregnant she could smell the smoke before I got out of my car! I think she's being nice (read: Blowing Smoke Up Your Ass).

Looks great Jonas!

Now you got me worried... Why would she be so nice? ???

I liked it when you had the foam blocks. :D Still a nice room to smoke in. Those are some huge basement windows!

Very nice looking!! Is that a heater or an air purifier next to the couch? Inquiring minds you know...

Brandon

My wife gave me the go ahead to build and add-on man room when we get into a new house. It just made my patience with getting out of this trailer even more fragile.

Very nice looking!! Is that a heater or an air purifier next to the couch? Inquiring minds you know...

Brandon
There is a little dish heater between the two couches but closest in the picture is an air purifier. Not sure how well it works since I just got it, but I run it over night on low after I get done smoking. I also put a timer on the fan so it runs for an hour or so after I am done. The only problem I have is the fact that the room is unfinished and the furnace is behind the couch. Once it kicks on it to heat the house, it sucks the air from the room and you can smell a bit of the smoke in the other rooms upstairs. I need to figure out a way to seal it off until the room is finished at which point it will be walled off. I may just frame it out and put some sliding doors in if I have the time.

Brandon
There is a little dish heater between the two couches but closest in the picture is an air purifier. Not sure how well it works since I just got it, but I run it over night on low after I get done smoking. I also put a timer on the fan so it runs for an hour or so after I am done. The only problem I have is the fact that the room is unfinished and the furnace is behind the couch. Once it kicks on it to heat the house, it sucks the air from the room and you can smell a bit of the smoke in the other rooms upstairs. I need to figure out a way to seal it off until the room is finished at which point it will be walled off. I may just frame it out and put some sliding doors in if I have the time.

I would have missed that one too. Before you wall it off, make sure that there is a return air duct from the upstairs that dumps next to the furnace. I also have an outside air duct that dumps in the furnace closite.