• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The wife wants a Boston Terrier

Get a Boston Terrier Puppy?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheVitaleMob

Full Trucker Effect
Help.

Opportunity for a free of charge purebred male Boston terrier puppy, not potty trained. We have two indoor cats already, ages 2 years and the other 6 months. No fence on the yard, indoor use only.

Get it or no?

I have about an hour to decide.

I have one they are pretty decent dogs. I raise dogs while it isn't my favorite breed I would say if you want one get it, but like any animal it will take time and patience.

Great dog...I had one for years. Ours grew up and lived with 3 cats and loved them.

Very playful, high strung, and friendly...will chase the cats and play with them until all three drop from exhaustion. They are smart and will easily learn compared to other breads....hide your shoes...they chew, chew bones and toys a must. They love to run and love to 'track & stalk' anything that moves, a fenced in yard helps with this because if they catch a scent, they go if not on a leash.

If you guys are dog people, he'll make a great addition to the family...but keep in mind that he will demand attention...you'll have to throw a ball, chase him around, and give him his own time periodically during the day.

Great Dog, grab him and add him to the family. Be prepared for a little, walking gas-bag though. ;)

Yeah, they are great dogs as Jeff (Shibumi) and Gary (ironpeddler) stated. Grab em' if you still have the oppurtunity as you'll fall in love with it in no time. It will demand some of your time and give you a chance to smoke a cigar on walks and when you take it to a park to play........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

Yeah, I just recently started a new career in dog walking throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan. One hour walk = one cigar!

No, if it isn't an outdoor dog it will control your life.

Another no. Eventually that terrier, with a Napoleonic complex, and Mastiff delusions, will terrorize your cats.

Doc.

Well, after sleeping on it, we decided not to get the puppy. The thought is that we are just not financially stable enough to take on a third pet. I'm also a self-admitted lazy-ass, so it probably wouldn't work out too well. Thanks for all of your input guys!

Pets are a lot of responsibility, it's good that you considered much more than just getting a purebreed. I hope that dog finds a home that is right for him. Boston terriers have tons of personality.

It's nice that you were able to be honest with yourself.

But Terriers are awesome should you ever change your mind.

<---Cairn Terrier owner & lover.

Heh, Update: We're getting it. She talked me into it, and she'll be doing most of the training and walking. I'll grow to love the thing, of course. I need to learn to say no.

-C

Heh, Update: We're getting it. She talked me into it, and she'll be doing most of the training and walking. I'll grow to love the thing, of course. I need to learn to say no.

-C

Good luck! I got a puppy about 6 weeks ago and he pretty much runs my life right now. He's a great dog and I'm very happy that I made the choice to get him, but definitely a lifestyle change :thumbs:

Great! Now you need a name for the new puppy.

How about "Opus" or "Ashton" ? :D

-C

Best of luck, I know a few folks that have them and love them. Can't beat getting a $500 puppy for free.

Both my dogs are Boston's. I grew up around almost every breed of dog you can think of, and I believe Boston's are absolutely the best breed around!

We've got two cats as well and I really want to get a dog but our space does just not permit adding another pet. Once we move into a bigger space you better believe we will be getting a dog within the first few weeks! Good luck with the pup, you will definitely grow to love him/her.

Where is the "I'm a wimp" option in your poll?