• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This addiction of mine

wasy

Help, I'm spending more time at the local B&M than with the wife. I'm not saying that's a bad thing either! I'm throughly addicted to the leaf and each visit to this board, interaction with a brother or trip to the local sucks me in even more. I ventured off the the local this morning to restock on my low supply of Short Stories only to find a box of Fuente Fuente Opus X sitting all lonely in the humi, although the sign said only one per customer I convienced them to let me have two. Also picked up two Padron 1964 Anniversary Principe.
Although they were out of stock of the SS I'm totally stoked about the Opu X find.

It only gets worse,luckly I'am already divorced and dont have to worry about all that.

Keep her happy. :)

Give her a buck for every buck you spend on cigars. It may cost you double but she will be looking forward to your next purchase.

Brian

Although your post is tongue and cheek, I have seen people get divorced because of cigars. I have also seen people get into serious credit card debt because of cigars.

This thing of ours can be very addicting and can have a detrimental effect on your personal life. Do not try and keep up with the Joneses with this hobby, it can get very expensive. Stay within your budget and remember this is supposed to be fun, not stressful due to over spending.

Sites like this promote cigar buying. By talking about cigars people invariably want to try cigars they have not tried before. They also want to chase hard to find cigars because they hear on this site how tasty they are. Do not fall into the trap, stick with your budget and if you find your personal life is taking a hit, step back and evaluate how this is affecting your family.

The Master said:
Although your post is tongue and cheek, I have seen people get divorced because of cigars. I have also seen people get into serious credit card debt because of cigars.

This thing of ours can be very addicting and can have a detrimental effect on your personal life. Do not try and keep up with the Joneses with this hobby, it can get very expensive. Stay within your budget and remember this is supposed to be fun, not stressful due to over spending.

Sites like this promote cigar buying. By talking about cigars people invariably want to try cigars they have not tried before. They also want to chase hard to find cigars because they hear on this site how tasty they are. Do not fall into the trap, stick with your budget and if you find your personal life is taking a hit, step back and evaluate how this is affecting your family.
[snapback]300584[/snapback]​

Nicely put Master. I see myself struggling with the same thing. I om only 23 and work part time since I just finished up school. I want to buy all kind of high dollar smokes, but I cant go into debt on the credit card (too much) to smoked 20 dollar cigars. Anyway thanks for the good word. A lot of us probably need to hear that once in a while.

Brandon

The Master said:

[snapback]300584[/snapback]​

Well said.

For me, it's not about smoking the most expensive stick, it's about finding a cigar that I really like for a good price. Heck, some of my favorite cigars so far have been less $5. Some even less than $3. Besides, if you are patient you can find all kind of good deals.

I've smoked $20 and $30 cigars....mostly they are very overrated and underwhelming. Everytime I smoke an expensive cigar, my response to "How is it?" is always..."It's ok."....A $20 or $30 cigar should be much better than just "ok".....I do have a fondness for the Padron line...but careful shopping and patience has allowed me to buy several boxes for a reasonable price.

One of my current favorites, is a bundle of Flor de Ybor City Robustos that I picked up in Tampa. I paid less than $2/stick. They are really good cigars.

Plus, if the cigar I'm smoking gets that nasty taste after I've smoked 1/2 or 2/3rds of it, I can just toss it. If I pay $20 for a cigar, I'm smoking that baby down to the nub, no matter how crappy it tastes!

I'm glad I was trained by the master of the "great cigar deal"...none other than Charlie himself (Stogieman). Thanks man!

It's not about how expensive your cigars are or that you are smoking what other people covet...it's about what you like.

It's supposed to be fun...and "fun" doesn't have to be how much you spend, fun can also be finding a good deal.

Now where's my AmEx card, I gotta go check cigarbid!

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm damned lucky that my wife and best friend likes my smoke. However, I'm not made of money. I've been smoking 2-5 cigars a day. While it'd be dandy to stock on OpusX and Padrons, I can't afford to breach even $3 a stick. I just posted in the Cigar forum that I like several of the JR alternates at just about a buck a stick. I get to stay in my budget, smoke a cigar I like, and not clear the house with smoke from a dog rocket.

hooiserguy said:
It only gets worse,luckly I'am already divorced and dont have to worry about all that.
[snapback]300573[/snapback]​

I can attest to the getting worse part. :0

For me, it's not about smoking the most expensive stick, it's about finding a cigar that I really like for a good price. Heck, some of my favorite cigars so far have been less $5. Some even less than $3. Besides, if you are patient you can find all kind of good deals.

I've smoked $20 and $30 cigars....mostly they are very overrated and underwhelming. Everytime I smoke an expensive cigar, my response to "How is it?" is always..."It's ok."....A $20 or $30 cigar should be much better than just "ok".....I do have a fondness for the Padron line...but careful shopping and patience has allowed me to buy several boxes for a reasonable price.

One of my current favorites, is a bundle of Flor de Ybor City Robustos that I picked up in Tampa. I paid less than $2/stick. They are really good cigars.

Plus, if the cigar I'm smoking gets that nasty taste after I've smoked 1/2 or 2/3rds of it, I can just toss it. If I pay $20 for a cigar, I'm smoking that baby down to the nub, no matter how crappy it tastes!

I'm glad I was trained by the master of the "great cigar deal"...none other than Charlie himself (Stogieman). Thanks man!

It's not about how expensive your cigars are or that you are smoking what other people covet...it's about what you like.

It's supposed to be fun...and "fun" doesn't have to be how much you spend, fun can also be finding a good deal.

Now where's my AmEx card, I gotta go check cigarbid!

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the kudos Joe and you are totally correct about this being fun. Find a cigar that you enjoy and fits your budget. Every once in a while you smoke that special ceegar and befor you know it you'll have yourself a nice selection of sticks. It won't happen overnight, take your time and enjoy the ride. Get your wife envolved by asking her to tag a long with you to a cigar bar or even your local cigar shop and show her why you go there. Before you know it, she'll have some ideas for birthday and other holiday gifts as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Well I found myself spending way too much money on smokes too so I actually setup a cigar budget, I can only spend soo much money on smokes that month regardless of how good the deal is. You gotta remember there’s always a good deal if you patient.

Well I found myself spending way too much money on smokes too so I actually setup a cigar budget, I can only spend soo much money on smokes that month regardless of how good the deal is. You gotta remember there’s always a good deal if you patient.

I have a cigar budget as well. Also a gambling budget. I am very strict with myself on both. The nice thing is, if I don't spend the whole budget (I'm usually pretty close, though) it rolls over to the next months.

I have a cigar budget as well. Also a gambling budget. I am very strict with myself on both. The nice thing is, if I don't spend the whole budget (I'm usually pretty close, though) it rolls over to the next months.

I try to stick to a budget and if I know I'm gunna spend more coming up I'll try to let it "roll over" to that month also. :thumbs:

Cigars are a little cheaper in the end than heroine, but not too much...

ALostTexan