• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tiger Woods / Cigar Company

I don't think Tiger would EVER go for that, and I think Corona knows it. But it's a BRILLIANT marketing move from Corona. As you can see, it's got us talking about it. I think it's got MANY cigar smokers talking about it.

In my opinion, even considering his current issues, Tiger wouldn't start his car for an endorsement less than $10,000,000. Corona knew he wouldn't bite at this price point...but mission partially accomplished as we're talking about them.

Wonder if Monica is ready for another deal...she and Tiger could make a mint!

(Robusto, minimum, I'm told)

Trey

Well, a few months ago, most of us thought Tiger wouldn't go for a lot of things...

1. Fast and loose women

2. Booze by the snoot full

3. Drug abuse (prescription)

(added extra numbers because it's not over yet!!!)

True, KiltLad. But money isn't something Tiger needs.

In actuality, he has enough money to disappear from public view forever. I suggest he buy a Pacific island and build a strip club, grocery store and an outhouse...oh, and an airport. He would have to fly-in food and talent somehow.

If he played almost any other sport, his indiscretions, while tacky, wouldn't have lifted many eyebrows.

Personally, I find it fascinating that something Wilt Chamberlain was legendary for, by way of example, gets Tiger drummed out of the country club set, even though I'm a little bemused that skanky opportunity somehow seemed to trump Swedish freakin' SUPERMODEL in his decision-making process.

Guess it's true what they say:

boyfriend.jpg

~Boar

If he played almost any other sport, his indiscretions, while tacky, wouldn't have lifted many eyebrows.

Personally, I find it fascinating that something Wilt Chamberlain was legendary for, by way of example, gets Tiger drummed out of the country club set, even though I'm a little bemused that skanky opportunity somehow seemed to trump Swedish freakin' SUPERMODEL in his decision-making process.

~Boar

Not really true. First of all, Wilt never married.

Personally, I find it fascinating that something Wilt Chamberlain was legendary for, by way of example, gets Tiger drummed out of the country club set, even though I'm a little bemused that skanky opportunity somehow seemed to trump Swedish freakin' SUPERMODEL in his decision-making process. [/b]
~Boar

Not really true. First of all, Wilt never married.

I think Tom's response covers both of the above.

I work at Corona, was working the day this story broke
It was all over the local news had the local cable news there for about 3 hrs interviewing people
The owner is no dummy

No dummy, sure, but he is an idiot, imo. Riding the media storm for his own marketing, knowing there's no real deal here. Scum. I'd have more respect if he offered it to Monika, as there's at least a cigar-related avenue there. Does Tiger even smoke cigars? I don't know enough about him to know.

There is such a thing as bad publicity in my world.

John

My opinion on Corona Cigar is pretty low, so seeing them try to make a name for themselves in such a scumbag way is no surprise.

I don't think Tiger would EVER go for that, and I think Corona knows it. But it's a BRILLIANT marketing move from Corona. As you can see, it's got us talking about it. I think it's got MANY cigar smokers talking about it.

Isy hit it right on the head. Tiger would never go for the idea but it's a helava marketing idea. Jeff is money maker and this is another avenue of advertisement....... :) :thumbs: :cool: