• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time for a lifestyle change...no longer a "Fat Texan"

Congrats Jake! This will be a difficult diet, but I think the hard part is after the major weight loss... trying to eat right and regain the muscle mass lost to a low cal diet.

Ken

Best of luck to you Jake! Not sure if you've thought into any of the work out programs on TV, but I'll throw this out there. P90, P90X, and Insanity are great programs to check out, and most you can do along with other workout/diet regiments. Know quite a few people who swear by Insanity, and I usually throw a couple P90X routines into my workout every now. A lot of people are skeptical about programs on TV, but these definitely work. Just some food for thought (not too much though :whistling: )

As for a date, it'll be June 19th for sure!

_craig_

Jake, good luck to you. When I lived in the UK, my neighbors did all-liquid ketosis diets... it's not at all an "easy" path to weight loss, but it is effective in shocking your body into massive losses. It sounds like Methodist has a very good program. Keep up the motivation--you're going to do great!

Good luck man. As someone who had to lose a substantial amount of weight last year, get my cholesterol under control, and get in shape, I know the mountain you face. If you're going to do a diet, I did the Meta-fast system and it worked well for me.

I'll guess you'll hit it July 4th.

What's the old joke.......You want to lose 150lbs of ugly fat?

Get divorced

Good luck with your program. If you want it it will happen.

Best of luck to you Jake. Hope you stay strong and make your goals brother!!

Good Luck Jake.

After turning 50 last month and having my first child who will be one next month, I've decided myself to get into shape. I could stand to lose about 40lbs. and reading this just inspired me some more.

I'm sure you'll knock those 100 lbs. off in 5 months...

Wishing you all the tenacity you can bring to your goal Jake!

Good for you, Jake! also, I think it was good that you shared this with us. Valuable information for those with the same goal.

I just watched a movie called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" by Joe Cross. It's an interesting documentary on weight loss. It's all about going on a juice fast for 10-60 days. This guy lost about 100lbs.

I'm thinking about trying the 10 day boot to see what happens. Going out today to purchase a juicer and making an appointment with my doctor.

Fortunately this is a very black and white program...no gray areas.

The "Ketosis Diet" is an all liquids diet until you get to your goal weight, only consuming 800 calories a day tops...that's about a pound a day loss for me in just calories. No food, not until the transition phase....and no exercise for the first couple months, because you simply aren't consuming the calories for your body to process. You will only break down muscle...not build any.

Wow! I am curious if they're making you watch your blood glucose too?

BEST OF LUCK!

I'm going with May 7th.

Weighed in at the Hospital today...started last Friday (6 full days in) and I'm down 9.9lbs.

...Not bad for a week.

:D