• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Tropical cigars

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Well, last week I went to a Tobacco Tropical (the new Tropical Tobacco name) tasting... where a friend of mine, who is a cigar rep/distributor for CAO, his brother is the rep/distributor for Tobacco Tropical (their Dad is the Fuente rep! ;) its all who ya know I suppose?)

ANYWAY: On the advice of another friend who had tested some of their cigars at this years RTDA show- I bought a couple of each. (There's a third brand, but it escapes me at the moment)

Condega (white/red band)
I smoked the Belicoso (or torpedo). It was nice a dark. I cut the tip, and tasted the pre-light draw... Pretty good I thought. I fired the end, let it burn a second or so, and took my first puff. A little harsh- but that soon mellowed out after about 10+ puff's. The cigar is a medium bodied, not too spicey stick.. Pretty good, but not outstanding or anything. If the price was better they'd be better- but at $5.50/ea, they are no bargain. At $3- I would have bought a box of them.

Lots of smoke- good flavor, and you'll see by my profile, I'm not one of those guys who tastes a hint of this and that.. it was a pretty good cigar.

Nicarao, All green band with NICARAO in white letters.
Again, I went for the Beli (torp). This has a reddish wrapper- LOTS OF SPICE (yummy). Pretty strong, I'd say a stiff medium to wimpy full. Again, lots of smoke- and spice spice spice. Comparable to something like the Joya de Nic Anatano's (but not as strong), or maybe a Corojo tobacco cigar. Something like that.

Again, a decent cigar, but the price point is what kills it... Also $5.50/ea, and there's simply too many choices in that price range for me to consider this to be a go to cigar :(

HOWEVER, if you're in your local cigar shop- and see these 2 brands on sale, or whatever, and are feeling like trying a good cigar thats new to you- give'em a try....

:thumbs: Toaster

Tobacco Gallery in Dallas, corner of Northwest Hwy and Preston (its actually on KATE ST)

Great cigar store- I go over there all the time :D

I'm gonna have to get over there sometime. I don't know enough (good) stores around town.