• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacconist University R&D Cigars

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I'm not sure how many of you guys have joined the TU and tested for the varying 'tobacco degrees' they promote...mostly for cigar retailers (Isy turned me onto TU), but they also have a consumer degree that educates the every day smoker through printed & online educational material. Their companion book, the Tobacconist Handbook is a must read for any new cigar smoker as it describes the entire process of the making of a cigar....even pipe tobacco. Well, they've been working on this program with J. Fuejo and it consists of cigars, some completely blended and some rolled with the individual components, all for the sole purpose of allowing for the taste buds to pick up these flavors thus enhancing your pleasure of smoking cigars...if you're so inclined to know this stuff!

No matter what stage of cigar smoking we are at or for how long you've been smoking them, this seems like a great tool for understanding the blending process and appreciating what goes into blending a cigar....that being the delicate balance of each tobacco and how it effects the cigar's final flavor.

They're sold at certified TU cigar shops only and the website will help you find them if interested. I'm sure it's part educational and part promotion...either way, it promotes cigars! I thought it was pretty cool and may seek it out when I'm close to one of the sellers.

LINK

Thanks for the link Gary. I took a look around and a ton of info there.

I've been wanting to try some of those R&D sticks. TU is also fantastic for any level of cigar smoker to look into, and I know if you are a CRA member you get a discount on the testing.

Gary , Isy - have you bought the certification package ?

Has anyone here? Seems like a great Christmas gift for a smoker.

Checked out the site. This is something I will be doing.

The current offering of R&D cigars are made by Jesus Fuego.  The five pack of cigarillos are the tobacco components that make up the finished cigar.  I got a couple of samples but have not tried them yet.