• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today is a great day for NFL football...

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
...the Philadelphia Eagles suspended Terrel Owens indefinitely. It's about time somebody said enough is enough and sent that loud mouth, good for nothing, piece of crap back home. I hope he never plays another down of football in his life. I would only truly be happy if the IRS discovered he owed back taxes, stripped him of all his money and possessions, and sent him out on the street.

I'm glad he's been suspended! As for the other stuff, let the chips fall where they may. :sign:

CalixEros said:
...the Philadelphia Eagles suspended Terrel Owens indefinitely. It's about time somebody said enough is enough and sent that loud mouth, good for nothing, piece of crap back home. I hope he never plays another down of football in his life. I would only truly be happy if the IRS discovered he owed back taxes, stripped him of all his money and possessions, and sent him out on the street.
[snapback]246422[/snapback]​

I can't help but agree with you.

The Eagles are handling this well. However I think Terrell is beyond help.

yeah, being an eagles fan im super glad they sent home the best wr in franchise history...

"good for nothing piece of crap", come on, you cant be serious. hes the second best reciever in the game. he plays with intensity every down, if you think otherwise, you dont watch him enough. trust me, i hate the hell out of his off-field antics, i had to live with it since last january. you think he got a lot of press in the national media during the offseason, multiply that times then for local coverage. but you can't hate on his game and his work ethic. he came back from a season ending injury to play. and with no veteran receivers on this team, WE'RE SCREWED, especially throwing the ball every down. next time you catch a birds game and they're on defense look at andy reid, i swear to god he's tryin to figure out a way to pass on d.

the mayor said:
yeah, being an eagles fan im super glad they sent home the best wr in franchise history...

"good for nothing piece of crap", come on, you cant be serious. hes the second best reciever in the game. he plays with intensity every down, if you think otherwise, you dont watch him enough. trust me, i hate the hell out of his off-field antics, i had to live with it since last january. you think he got a lot of press in the national media during the offseason, multiply that times then for local coverage. but you can't hate on his game and his work ethic. he came back from a season ending injury to play. and with no veteran receivers on this team, WE'RE SCREWED, especially throwing the ball every down. next time you catch a birds game and they're on defense look at andy reid, i swear to god he's tryin to figure out a way to pass on d.
[snapback]246478[/snapback]​

your absolutly right mayor. i dont think hes going to lead any bible studies anytime soon, but there is not another reciever that goes as hard as he does week in and week out. i think 90% of his off feild antics are for his own p.r. i think he loves seeing his name at the top half on the sports page and the lead story of sportscenter. but you give me 12 t.o's on my team and ill kick your ass every week. he's a nut...ill give you that. but on or off the field, he sure is entertaining.

I was sooooo happy when he left San Fransisco and to see his mouth shut himself down in Philly was just so sweet.

I disagree with you guys; I don't think he's a good football player at all. Yes, he's exceptional at catching the ball. All his other antics and expressed hatred towards his team bring his team down more than they help them. Didn't the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl mostly without the help of TO? As one writer put it, he's the ultimate "I" player in the ultimate "we" sport. It's one thing to be cocky, it's another to bring down your entire organization. Go ahead and keep TO; I think that will give my team a better chance of beating you when they come to town.

Didn't the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl mostly without the help of TO?

no, they went 13-1 with him in the line up to secure home field last season, then beat two garbage dome teams at home in the playoffs. the eagles are 17-1 in games where TO catches a touchdown pass. i'll keep TO and when you're team comes to town he'll embarrass the hell out of your cornerbacks. and to call TO the ultimate I player is stupid, he's a receiver in the NFL, THEY ALL WANT THE BALL EVERY DOWN. id rather have guys that want the ball than otherwise.

Any of you guys watching FOX pre-game show?

It turns out he actually got in a fight in the Eagles' locker room (with Hugh Douglas) and then challenged the rest of the team, including specifially Donovan McNabb, to further fights.

WTF is wrong with this guy?

Not only does he not belong in a football locker room, he doesn't belong at large in society.

Well, he can sit out the rest of the season, and join the rest of the fans in Philly by throwing snowballs and booing Santa, and cheering when guys break their neck (remember Michael Irvin).

By far the worst fans in the world...

ALostTexan

CalixEros said:
[snapback]246422[/snapback]​

Amen.

I don't think he is the best WR in football. He does drop a lot of passes. He is top five or maybe even top three, IMO.

Whining about and badmouthing your organization and teammates publically, getting into physical fights with your teammates, and drawing penalties for stupid end zone dances are things that make you an "I" player. There's nothing wrong with wanting the ball, but you shouldn't do anything that hurts your team if you don't get it or you do well when you do get it. I don't know how anyone can think he's not all about himself and doesn't bring his team down with that crap.

CalixEros said:
Whining about and badmouthing your organization and teammates publically, getting into physical fights with your teammates, and drawing penalties for stupid end zone dances are things that make you an "I" player. There's nothing wrong with wanting the ball, but you shouldn't do anything that hurts your team if you don't get it.
[snapback]246733[/snapback]​

You never saw Jerry Rice acting in this manner. You would think Owens would learn a little humility spending those years with Rice. At least he did learn Rice's work ethic, but it still doesn't compare to Jerry's.

he comes a rant...

remember what year it was that philly fans threw snowballs at santa? no? because it was ten years before you were born ass.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...snowballs_x.htm

but you got me, everyone cheered when irving got hurt. then everyone realized how bad it was, went silent and cheered when he left the field.

fans throwing batteries, attacking base coaches, breaking out into riots (disco demolition night), getting in fights with players, etc be glad you're not from philly, the mob would crucify you.

sorry for the thread jack, but hearing this throughout my life gets me up.

EDIT: name one instance TO got a penalty for an endzone dance.

When the home teams aren't in town, the Philly fans go to the airport and boo bad landings. :D (An old joke for an old argument...good player vs.team player).

the mayor said:
[snapback]246740[/snapback]​

Against the Browns last year, TO was penalized 15 yards after a touchdown for his antics.

So are you now agreeing that TO is all about himself on and off the field?

the mayor said:
[snapback]246740[/snapback]​

At Dallas, a few years ago when TO was with the 49ers, he was penalized when he did his crap in the Star at midfield, and was leveled by George Teague. He embarrassed the team, which is nothing new.

Guess it wasn't exactly an "Enzone Dance", but just as well.

I guess it makes it OK to cheer when a guy gets hurt, just not when they break their neck? I mean, if he had broken a leg, or totally blown out a knee, that is OK to cheer in Philadelphia, but you have to calm down and not cheer as much when you find out that it is a career-ending injury that could possibly lead to paralysis?

ALostTexan

ok, aparantly i was wrong on the penalty thing, i only have knowledge of him on the eagles, and i dont recall the browns penalty, but i'll take your word for it. i'll agree he's an ass, but i still disagree with the I notion. the I player doesnt block on run plays, doesnt run routs that arent designed for him, etc.

when you see a hated player on the other team that has burned your team time after time get his clocked cleaned, yes its ok to cheer. then when you realize he's actually hurt, yes you calm down.