• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today is Veterans Day

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Reaction score
If you can read this message, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in English, thank a Vet.

A day to reflect and thank all who have served to protect our nation.

Bill

To my father and the rest of my heros in the military :thumbs:

soldier.jpg

bigmac said:
To my father and the rest of my heros in the military :thumbs:

soldier.jpg
I salute all our vets too. My Dad served in the Pacific during WW2. He landed on Guadalcanal and other islands. He recently told me and my brothers that when they hit the beach under mortar fire, the men within 2 feet on his right and left were both killed. One of my brothers then said "a few feet either way and none of us would be here". So true.

Now get this. The local ABC station here in Milwaukee is droping tonights showing of Saving Private Ryan" because of too much violence and bad language. I think this movie needs to show the real violence of war, so we can know what our troops are really facing.

Some way to celebrate our veterans.

A big salute from me to all the heroes who fight and die for your great country :thumbs:

What I find incredible is that past, present and future vets did what they did and gave us Americans freedoms we take for granted and they did it without knowing any of us. Thank you all for you sacrifices

Jim :thumbs:

USAF retired 1973-1993

In the name of good natured fun between the services, here is one for you MauiJim.

Remember now - all in fun . . .

This young guy of about 25 gets out of the Marines after Nam. He lives his life like the American dream. When the second War on Iraq comes around he goes down to the local Marine recruiting station, and tells the recruiter, "I want in, I wanna fight."

But the recruiter says, "Sorry man, you're too old."

"Fine," the guy says. "I'll go to the Pentagon. I have a friend there. He'll let me in!"

So he goes to the Pentagon and tells his friend, "I want in, I wanna fight."

But his friend says, "Sorry Buddy, you're too old."

"Fine," the guy says. "I'll buy a boat and row to Iraq!"

So he goes out and buys himself a rowboat and starts rowing to Iraq, chanting "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" over and over again.

GOD goes up to St. Peter and says, "St. Peter, what do I do to stop this guy?" St. Peter tells GOD, "Why don't you take his brain? It's the root of all thought."

So GOD takes the guy's brain. It doesn't faze him. "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!". GOD then says, "Now what?!"

St. Peter replies, "Why don't you take his heart? It's the seat of all emotion."

So God takes it. Doesn't faze the guy. "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO- Rah!'.

So GOD says, "Now what should I do?!"

St. Peter smiles and says, "Take his balls."

So GOD takes the guy's balls. The guy stops rowing, looks confused, turns his boat around, and begins chanting,

"Off we go,into the wild blue yonder..."

AVB said:
In the name of good natured fun between the services, here is one for you MauiJim.

Remember now - all in fun . . .
Q: "What has an IQ of 42?"
A: "40 Marines plus their lieutenant"

Q. "Why does the Navy put Marines on board ships?"
A. "Because sheep would be too obvious"

Q. "What do smart Marines and UFOs have in common?"
A. "You always hear about them but you never see them"

Q. "Why do the commodes in Marine barracks have the cut-out type seats?"
A. "So that if the seat falls while they're drinking, it won't smack them in the back of the head"

Remember now all in fun,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

No Problem, I've heard damn near all of them :p

A sailor in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, ''Wanna hear a MARINE joke?''

The guy next to him replies, ''Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs, and I'm a MARINE. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2'' tall, weighs 225, and he's a MARINE. The fella next to him is 6'5'' tall, weighs 250, and he's also a MARINE. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?''

The sailor says, ''Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times.''

What Army really means...

A ren't
R eady for
M arines
Y et

27 reasons why McDonald's is better than the Navy

1. If you have to take a piss, you can go take a piss. No questions asked.
2. You'll never have to go port and starboard on the fryer.
3. Better pay.
4. The ability to quit!
5. McDonald's doesn't deploy.
6. They have actual janitors.
7. No McDrills.
8. The grill breaks....You CALL someone to fix it.
9. No time at McDonald's will you hear your boss give a 30 minute dissertation over the P.A. on the importance of being at the register 15 minutes early.
10. McDonald's will eventually fire the ***REALLY*** stupid employees.
11. If McDonald's catches fire, you leave.
12. Someone else makes the water.
13. Personnel inspection requirements are written on the door. (no shirt, no shoes, no service)
14. At McDonald's, dislocating your shoulder is not considered getting the "good deal"
15. If you want to buy your boss a beer, thats okay.
16. If you want to tell your boss to "**** off and just die, just ****ing die" that's okay too.
17. There is no Uniform Code of McDonald's Justice to deal with.
18. No one will wake you at 2 in the morning to start the grill.
19. Chances of you getting called back after you get off work are pretty damn slim.
20. $2.99 is a meal price, not a daily wage at McDonalds
21. You don't have to go single register operations if someone spills a Coke.
22. McDonald's doesn't require a 24 hour Shutdown Register Operator and a McRoving Watch.
23. You don't have to come in to work at 7am only to wait around for an hour for your boss to tell you things you already knew.
24. If you burn a hamburger, they won't take away half a month's pay for
two months and restrict you to the playground.
25. You don't have to take apart the shake machine once a quarter, JUST BECAUSE.
26. You scrub the floors because it's dirty, not because it's Wednesday.
27. ALL of the articles of the Constitution apply to you at McDonald's

A sailor and a marine are taking a pi$$. They both finish up about the same time and the marine goes to the sink to wash his hands. The sailor walks to the door and is about to leave when the marine says "Ya know, in the Marine Corps they teach us to wash our hands after going to the bathroom.
The sailor looks back and says, "The Navy taught us not to pi$$ on our hands."

NA

A young man joins the navy. On the day he is about to go to sea, his father warned him to be aware of gay sailors.

"But dad, how will I know?"

"Trust me son, you will know.

After 6 months at sea, the ship comes into port. The father was on the dock waiting for his son. The son, seeing his father, got off the ship and shook his fathers hand.

"Well son,how did it go?"

"Dad, I found out what you ment about gay sailors. One night I was out on deck all alone when a man came by and put his hand on my shoulder so I threw him overboard."

"But how could you tell he was gay?"

"Well, for 3 days he swam behind the boat yelling "THROW ME A BOUY, THROW ME A BOUY"

AVB said:
A young man joins the navy. On the day he is about to go to sea, his father warned him to be aware of gay sailors.

"But dad, how will I know?"

"Trust me son, you will know.

After 6 months at sea, the ship comes into port. The father was on the dock waiting for his son. The son, seeing his father, got off the ship and shook his fathers hand.

"Well son,how did it go?"

"Dad, I found out what you ment about gay sailors. One night I was out on deck all alone when a man came by and put his hand on my shoulder so I threw him overboard."

"But how could you tell he was gay?"

"Well, for 3 days he swam behind the boat yelling "THROW ME A BOUY, THROW ME A BOUY"
Geez, and I thought mine was bad. lol.

NA