• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

El Oso Cub by Warped Cigars I got on the mainland.  Good, yes. $9 good, no.  The bigger sizes may offer more bang for the buck.  Should go on your to try once list though.

IMG_20141117_082539377.jpg

These '13 rascc are tasty.

Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada while on my walkdown. It wasn't half bad. Didn't have the distinctive Gurkha(soap?) flavor most of them do.

CMontoya79 said:
That there is a tasty SOB!
Although I would probably regret it in the morning, if I had a second one I would smoke them back to back.

Juan Lopez Selection #4, getting better with each puff.

golfgar said:

Larry, I'm not sold on those just yet. They remind me of the RA Estupendos. Some good and some mediocre. Not consistent at all. 

Light this! said:

Larry, I'm not sold on those just yet. They remind me of the RA Estupendos. Some good and some mediocre. Not consistent at all. 

Agreed.  Was hoping for a little better this time.

A few good smokes over the last two days.

Yesterdays morning drive was an 01 JL #1 that was simply freaking awesome - thanks Bill.

Last night over the neighbors for his birthday so I treated him to to some Partagas Gran Reservas while watching Monday night football.

IMG_4278_zpsae2f951d.jpg

Todays morning drive smoke was a glorious 99 LGC MedailleD'Oro.

While doing some office work and since my wife is away, I lit up in my office a very good Boli Britanica.

IMG_4280_zps6c1ba1a5.jpg

I didn't get enough so I also had a very good 14 Trini Reyes. These have been very good so far and I have gone through half a box especially since they are nice little smokes for the winter.

Work, check.
Walkdown, check.
Room101 MC One Mutante, check.

About a third of the way through and this stick seems to be evolving. Will let you know how it ends.

Edit: Not too bad.  Will let them rest another month and post a review.

Curivari Reserva Limitada Petit Cafe
H. Upmann Coronas Major A/T (NOV 2012)

Light this! said:

I didn't get enough so I also had a very good 14 Trini Reyes. These have been very good so far and I have gone through half a box especially since they are nice little smokes for the winter.
Right right!?  So good...might have to light one up before it's gotten any rest.

Morning drive is an AF 858 Sungrown.  Very pleasant with the coffee.

Herrera Esteli Lonsdale

Fantastic!!!
golfgar said:
How does it compare to the #2?

vortex said:
Herrera Esteli Lonsdale

Fantastic!!!

I agree with what Kris said, these have been hit or miss with me as well...

I would take the #1's and #2's with a few years of age over the #4's easily... These are certainly two of my favorite regular production cigars, with the #1 edging out...

CigSid said:

Herrera Esteli Lonsdale

Fantastic!!!

I agree with what Kris said, these have been hit or miss with me as well...

I would take the #1's and #2's with a few years of age over the #4's easily... These are certainly two of my favorite regular production cigars, with the #1 edging out...

I think the profiles of the production cigars are different from the RE, I have a box of #2 with a few years on it putting out cigars which I think is spitting out cigars which are superior to the RE. 

2012 Padron 2000.  It was not as good as the first 3 from the same box.  Might have been my palette last night, wasn't feeling the best.