• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

Sweet I'll pick up an Ashton samper in my next order then. The vsg was my 3rd favourite smoke after the AF shark and camacho triple maduro.

Another psd4 for me. Running low on shorter smokes! This one was rolled tight, it's not great..

Sweet I'll pick up an Ashton samper in my next order then. The vsg was my 3rd favourite smoke after the AF shark and camacho triple maduro.

Another psd4 for me. Running low on shorter smokes! This one was rolled tight, it's not great..
You need to get a perfectdraw. Also, are you dry boxing?

You need to get a perfectdraw. Also, are you dry boxing?
I will be honest, I have been severely disappointed in every cigar from the Ashton sampler aside from the VSG (which is box-worthy, IMHO). If I were to do it again, I'd skip the sampler and spend the same money on two VSG fivers (or just splurge on the box).

Also, as Justin said: ^^ This, and ^^ This. I'm not sure if you were the one who talked about it, but 24 hrs isn't enough time in the dry box to make much of a difference -- shoot for 7-14 days. You may want to clip the cigar before boxing it, and then check on it every few days to see how the draw is opening up. CCs are notorious for being rolled a little tight; I guess helps force the "stop and smell the roses" approach to cigar smoking that the Cubans favor. The slower you smoke it, the more you get to experience the flavors and aromas. That's great when the draw is still manageable, but sometime they are just frustrating. So, long answer to a short question -- dry box your CCs for 7-10 days!

I will be honest, I have been severely disappointed in every cigar from the Ashton sampler aside from the VSG (which is box-worthy, IMHO). If I were to do it again, I'd skip the sampler and spend the same money on two VSG fivers (or just splurge on the box).

Also, as Justin said: ^^ This, and ^^ This. I'm not sure if you were the one who talked about it, but 24 hrs isn't enough time in the dry box to make much of a difference -- shoot for 7-14 days. You may want to clip the cigar before boxing it, and then check on it every few days to see how the draw is opening up. CCs are notorious for being rolled a little tight; I guess helps force the "stop and smell the roses" approach to cigar smoking that the Cubans favor. The slower you smoke it, the more you get to experience the flavors and aromas. That's great when the draw is still manageable, but sometime they are just frustrating. So, long answer to a short question -- dry box your CCs for 7-10 days!
Atm no dry box. I over humidfiied the last one so I store the Quintero in it. Holds a steady 65.

That psd4 was the first bad one. The rest have smoked fine. First was slow to burn, but after a few weeks the rest were fine. Reading online suggests that 1-2 psd4 per box are usually 'poor'.

Getting another desktop humi for xmas so I'll use that as my dry box.

Cheers for the input.

I have some of those Quinteros. Good reliable stick with good flavour and value for money. Enjoy
I'm enjoying the brevas. So much so I have another box coming. For the price they're just fine. I've smoked others in the 10-15 range which I've liked less.

To stay on topic another Brevas this afternoon with some dalwhinnie 15 as it's a glorious winter's day.

Sin Compromiso and a BLTC NBK paired with Barrell Seagrass to celebrate completing my first nursing semester.
Congrats! Are you planning on staying put or traveling? I just joined with Aya Healthcare as a traveling Medical Scientist and start after the New Year.