• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoked a 858 SG from the new batch while driving to the VA Hospital up in Houston. Since I had another test to see if I have cancer in another area, I decided to grab a special cigar for after the exam. A 35 hour fasting whooped my arse but the Punch Corona from 1998 hit the spot beautifully on the drive home. Now I sit and wait for either good or bad news next week.
35 hour fasting! Damn! It's like they kick you when you're down. I'm pullin for you, bro.

I loved the 858 SG I was gifted by Eric from Jack Schwartz. Nice fella with a great taste for excellent cigars. I heard you talked to him, too. I can't find the LADC Mi Amor PC Eric gifted me anywhere! Damn good cigar and I'd love to get my hands on some more. But this '08 PLPC I'm smoking is quite good, too.

We can't have everything but we can be thankful. ;)

I smoked a 858 SG from the new batch while driving to the VA Hospital up in Houston. Since I had another test to see if I have cancer in another area, I decided to grab a special cigar for after the exam. A 35 hour fasting whooped my arse but the Punch Corona from 1998 hit the spot beautifully on the drive home. Now I sit and wait for either good or bad news next week.
35 hour fasting! Damn! It's like they kick you when you're down. I'm pullin for you, bro.

I loved the 858 SG I was gifted by Eric from Jack Schwartz. Nice fella with a great taste for excellent cigars. I heard you talked to him, too. I can't find the LADC Mi Amor PC Eric gifted me anywhere! Damn good cigar and I'd love to get my hands on some more. But this '08 PLPC I'm smoking is quite good, too.

We can't have everything but we can be thankful. ;)

Oh its all good. I actually have a Doctor at the VA Hospital that actually takes my health seriously for the first time since I entered into the VA System back in 1997. I have had so many tests done since I came down to Texas that I practically live there each month. Next week she wants like 12 different tests run on my blood so they will probably drain me so that I am a pint low. :laugh: My only problem is the Pain Management they have me under. The current medication doesn't take the pain away, but I can get an average of 4 hours a night while I take them. And the Pain Center here at the VA Hospital in Houston is something else. I still have 20 days to go till I get my first attempt at a steroid shot into the spine. In order to help control the pain but they don't have to much confidence that it will even work due to the extent of the damage to my spine.

Yeah I visited Jack Schwartz a couple of times. Before I flew to Russia and when I came back. I started smoking there from the time they opened the doors at 7:30am till closing at 5pm. Non-stop smoking of course. I don't think I went more than 5 minutes without a cigar going down. On the plus side, I am not really impressed with the new 858 SG's. Don't get me wrong they are unique in their own way but they definitely do not even resemble the old 858 SG's made before they stopped the production on them.

Of course we can't have everything but we can sure try. :D I will probably be reviewing the 3rd common cigar from the CFCF 2009 box sometime this weekend I think and get it up. Gotta see how the weather is like before I do the review.

Just finishing up an AF 858 Sungrown, this is the second one I've tried. I am loving this cigar! Hooeee, what a way to start my weekend!

just finished up a monte edmundo, man these things are really coming around, oh paired it with some arbelour abundah. Good friday night for me now laying with my head in my wifes lap like a baby.

Just finishing up an AF 858 Sungrown, this is the second one I've tried. I am loving this cigar! Hooeee, what a way to start my weekend!

Told you :D A.F. Sungrown is the bomb. Just picked up a slightly darker Ashton VSG. Will let you know how it goes.

Punch Super Selecion #1
VSG from the CRA pack
Don Carlos double robusto

Arturo Fuente Chateau Cuban Belicoso

=]

5 3/4" x 52

Sungrown wrapper

Spicy and delicious.
One of my favorites and the best value Fuente, too.

I smoked a few good cigars yesterday. RASCC in the morning, Hoyo Epi #2 after dinner and a 601 Oscuro corona as a nightcap.

I have some more PCs on the way for the wintry months - Punch Coronations! :)

Told you :D A.F. Sungrown is the bomb.

This is the harder to find of Fuente's sungrown variety, Jack. Linky
I stop in to see the Fuente family atleast once a week. I just had an Ashton VSG today. Darker sungrown wrapper. Was great.

Anything they have listed online as "rare" or "hard to find", I can look for if need be.

Drinking Benriach Dark Rum Cask 15 Scotch, which is just an incredible dram I'm going to have to do a formal review of before the bottle's gone, and started off the night with an Ashton VSG Sorceror. Finishing the night with a Don Pepin My Father Le Bijou 1922 short 'busto now . . . great, great cigar. My first one and I definitely like it. :thumbs:

~Boar

We toasted 6 cigars from my stash today. I gave my sister and her friend a 858 SG each from the new batch since I wasn't impressed with them. Way to mild to be called a SG to me. I smoked a LG Chisel I've had for I think since 2005/2006 time frame. I then gave my sister a RA Asia Pacifico that was a good size to smoke. Her friend got a LFD Bad to the Bone 2007 cigar and I toasted the Boli 5th Ave which was excellent. Great food, company and cigars today. One couldn't have asked for anything more. :thumbs:

Started this morning with a Flor de Ybor corona gorda from ImpactJack (thanks Jack!), milder smoker, but nice mellow flavor.
Diplo no.5,
Viaje Satori,
JLP cremas,
finished the night with a Vegas Cubanas Imperiales while walking the dogs. Man, my tongue is burnt. :D

Upmann No. 2 just before lunch

Bolivar Corona Extra and a Mag 46 after dinner while unwinding. Tongue is feeling the burn as well :) Love these multi-smoke days. Bruddah Dave, Oahu is coming up quick!

I smoked an Illusione Singulare Phantom while at work last night. Second best Illusione cigar, next to the ECCJ OR. I was a bit turned off when the reviews said it was a medium bodied smoke but it was an extremely enjoyable cigar. Highly recommended.

So last night I brought down a bottle of my favorite Rum, the Ron Zacapa 23 and some cigars for my friend's birthday. We finished off the bottle while I enjoyed a warlock corona from a friend and my first AB Tempest (not sure about the size, it was Rothschild length but it seemed a little larger in the ring gauge). The warlock was definitely full bodied and flavorful, but a little acrid and sour by the last 3rd. At first I thought it might have been due to the rum, but then I light up the Tempest and wow, my taste buds came alive. Beautiful bouquet of flavors and such thick smoke! Now that I've sobered up, I'm appreciating what an amazing night it was.

Just enjoyed a Padron 1964 Anniversary series Torpedo Maduro. It was as good as advertised! Excellent smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.