• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obsidian Belicoso

Did I just smoke a cigar? Any cigar? What was that? Zero flavor. I mean, I couldn't even taste a tobacco flavor. This is supposed to be a full flavor stick. I expected... something. Anything. No discernible smell to the smoke, either. Guess I'll come back to the other three in a few months...

If it wasn't for the fact that I still have home runs more often than "WTF"'s, I'd start to think something is wrong with my humidor. In the last week, included in the duds were a Padron 2000, two Indian Tabac Maduro Super Fuertes (one was dry enough inside to crumble while the other was a "juicy cigar", though I had probably three others from the same shelf in the humi that were great), and this Obsidian. Granted, none of the bad sticks were aged at all, really, so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know. I'll keep rotating through what I have and see if I have any more stinkers before I start to really get worried. The Padron might have been explained to me, so I'll give another one a shot before I form an opinion either way on that one. The Indian Tabacs have me puzzled, though.

A lot of it can do with what you've eaten or an acidic beverage you may have had prior to smoking or during the smoke.

I have kept that in mind, and that may be partial explanation for the Padron (the other being it was very young and I smoked it too fast), and possibly the bitter flavor of the "juicy" Indian Tabac. The only other thing I had really eaten yesterday before the Obsidian was a pretzel stick earlier in the day and a handful of almonds about an hour or so prior and a lot of water throughout the day. I had brought some almonds out with me, remembering how positively they influenced the Brasilia I had the other day, but didn't eat any of them. I had a Red Bull much, much earlier in the day, but all in all, I had a pretty empty stomach. I should have had a pretty wicked nicotine buzz going, too, because of this. However, nada. I want to be able to attribute this to operator error so I can not repeat the action before smoking again, but I'm coming up pretty blank on this one. Guess I'll chalk it up to a bad day and see what next time brings.

I've smoked Anejo #48's and Johnny O's all week. :thumbs:

An Anejo #46. It's 90+ degrees, 79 degrees dew point and 70% humidity here today. Just gross!! The smoke was good and I did not experience any "juicy" action out of it.

I've been smoking a lot of my La Aurora 1495's and they're consistently tasty.

Edit to add: The '01 SCDLH EPs were looking so good I couldn't resist. OMG!:love:

'03 BPC

San Cristobal Supremo

Old Henry Robusto Maduro

Sitting at the King Corona in Ybor City enjoying a La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor and a glass of Cab. Heckuva good way to start the week.

Currently enjoying a DE Dirty Rat dreading the fact I start my work week tomorrow !

No problem, sir!
I smoked my first La Flor de Cano last night thanks to my Secret Santa, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Very mild, but still tasty.

Smoked an old label Padilla Miami 9/11 robo last night, first half was phenomenal and then it went bitter on me just after the band came off.

Tried a Panacea White label and an AF Hemingway Short Story. Liked them both.

Tat Black Petite Lancero. I do not usually jump for a cigar of this size but the mgr at my local shop said the it was on him, so what the heck, right. Turned out to be a very tasty smoke!!

I smoked a few cigars this week. Some Johnny-O's and today I fired up an Anejo #48. :thumbs:

Padron 2000

Better this time, but I think I need to dry box for a bit next time. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole cigar thing. Or maybe not...

I just got back from a seven day vacation in Galveston. I enjoyed some great smokes, started each day with my usual Padron Londres. Also smoked during the week were:

'07 Anejo Shark
'08 Boli Gold Medal
Boli Corona Extra
Anejo 50
Hemingway Signature Maduro
Padron 1926 #1
Padron Torpedo
San Cristobal Fabuloso (several)

Damn what a good week of cigars!

Smoked an old label Padilla Miami 9/11 robo last night, first half was phenomenal and then it went bitter on me just after the band came off.
That was about my experience about a year ago. The thing about aging Pepin blends is that the flavor you love is there when you buy them. The 8/11 blend was perfection, IMHO. :love:

MFLB PuffStuff
'08 PL Beli Extra

and several Tat Verocu #5. :p

The weekend offered some beautiful weather to enjoy:

Cohiba Siglo IV (gifted)
Pardon 6000
Oliva Serie V torpedo
Illusione Epernay Grande (my first Illusione. Random selection from Isy. VERY nice!)

Lots of learning about this wonderful hobby going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.