• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cohiba gran reserva, pre-embargo somethingerother, taboada double robo, wolters bgm, hemo classic sg... we will see whats next

Yesterday - SLR Serie A, La Aroma de Cuba robusto
Today - 858 Rosado. Very good cigar.

I spent a few hours at the Outlaw today... AF Rosado Magnum R 52, LFD 2000 Series #3, and a Punch DC 2000.

Puros Indios Special Maduro. Wasn't expecting much from these when I picked up a bundle, but they surprised me. Construction is really solid. Nice flavor, solid medium, nothing complex though and it doesn't change too much throughout the burn. I didn't measure them, but they look like 6x60, so definitely a little on the large side. Good draw and lots of smoke, but not overwhelming. The ash is a little flaky, but still holds together. These might be a good choice for a standing a cigar on its ash contest.

Smoked this while finishing listening to the last episode of DogWatch Cigar Radio. I don't generally listen to really long podcasts (and these guys can go on and on!) but they kept it pretty interesting.

762112416_oU8JV-XL.jpg

762153076_mFANX-XL-1.jpg

More pictures...

Over the weekend had a La Riqueza #1, Johnny O corona extra, Casa Magna Torp..

Brian

Smoked a recent Cohiba Robusto that was good, but definitely needs to rest for a few years.

smoking a shark! ROARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! damn this is hitting the spot! better than the last 50's I smoked. who wants to trade their sharks for the 50's I have?

Breakfast, Don Carlos Anni. Toro, :thumbs: Lunch, Tat Red Tubo, :thumbs: Supper, Opusx Love Story :thumbs: What will tomorrow bring? :whistling:

Graycliff 1666 Presidente. Nice looking, dark maduro wrapper. The wrapper is from Jaltepec, Costa Rica and does add just a bit of extra sweetness that was easy to taste, but wasn't at all overpowering. Right in the middle, medium. This cigar seems to take quite a beating online, but that seems to be mostly due to the MSRP (they're not hard to find pretty cheap though.) Saw some complaints about the burn and construction, but mine didn't have any real problems besides being just a bit wavy. Here the response has been pretty good: 360 liked it and BigJake6904 thought it had a lot of complexity in his blind cigar review. I didn't find it the flavor that complex, but I enjoyed it and I'll return to this one. Lots of smoke and a nice easy draw too.

762990896_bHZ6o-XL.jpg

763031217_svK5Z-XL-1.jpg

More pictures...

As I was looking up information on the Jaltepec maduro wrapper, I found this guide to maduro wrappers in a cigar.com newsletter (bottom right) which was pretty interesting. I did not know, for example, only thick, heavy leaves can be made into maduro wrappers because they take so long to ferment.

Finished up the weekend with a power ranger maduro from a very generous pirate heathen (thanks Andrew). It was a top notch way to end the run

Cohiba Genios that just arrived today. I'm really liking this stick. A lot better then the Secretos I purchased a few months ago. I'm glad I gave this line another try.

Oliva Serie G 4.5 x 50 Robusto. Nice, rich African-Cameroon wrapper. Can't really go wrong with these. Really smooth, perfect draw and burn. And really hard to beat for the price. While I (like many others) prefer the Serie V, this is definitely a go-to smoke for me. It's well-liked here as well, see a previous thread on the Series G. The maduro version has also gotten praise, see Rod's review of the Oliva Serie G Belicoso Maduro and wavescrashing's review of the Oliva Serie G Maduro Churchill. Not for everyone though, Joho is not a fan of the Serie G.

The burn was a little fast on top of being small to start with, but very enjoyable.

763624423_ypb7L-XL.jpg

763642128_yZr8b-XL-1.jpg

More pictures...

I stopped by Outlaw South on the way home from school this evening. While enjoying the KU game, I smoked two nice cigars -- Brick House Corona Larga and an Outlaw Custom Blend Toro.

Status
Not open for further replies.