• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVO Domaine #50 - beautiful figurado made from very well aged tobacco. The Domaines are the least mild of the regular AVO lines but still pretty mild. Great body, flavor, and construction. Also, my local had them mispriced at $4 each :)

Yesterday, Short story after breakfast, Davidoff Aniversario #1 after lunch, Cabiguan Maduro on my way home from work, Untold Story Maddie late night when I couldn't sleep.

Today, Work of Art Maduro this afternoon, ESG torp not long after, Don Carlos #4 after work, and I am about to light up a Don Carlos Lancero from 06(MY FIRST ONE!!!!)

Had a LFD Double Ligero Chiselito tonight. Was expecting a powerhouse smoke to knock me on my ass a little, but it was actually very gentle with me...I thanked it by nubbing the damn thing. Great little flavor bomb.

Last night I smoked a Partagas Super Partagas...nothing special, but the burn was amazing. Razor sharp and the ash held for over 2 inches. Impressive construction, but wasn't full flavored enough for a Partagas.

I just finished a 98 Trini Fundi :) Absolutely deliciouso! A fine cigar for sure :D
You lucky bastid!

But I have a cab of Coloniales on the way so ... and I just put down a yummy '06 Bolivar Belicoso Fino, too! :)

So we're two lucky sumbeeches, I suppose. :D

From last night. Tat Noella Reserva and a Padron 44th maddie

Jay i've been fortunate enough to experience both but IMO absolutely no comparison between the two! Maddy hands down wins the race :love: What a tasty complex cigar they have put together here :) Big ups for Padron Family :thumbs:

How do you think the maddies compare to th natties? I liked the nattie alot and haven't tried the maddie yet.

Enjoying a rain day here in the desert. We will take all we can get. Although not good for the tee sheet.
I was gifted an Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto the other night and have sparked it up. It was from a BOTL I didn't even know smoked. I will have to make sure I pack a gift next time I see him, and PIF some of the goodies the brothers here have let me in on.
Good solid construction. Triple cap. Nice dark/milk chocolate wrapper and light Grey ash is holding on for the first inch or two. Nice deep tobacco flavors with a little mocha. Smooth and not yet overpowering. I am enjoying this so far. Loud obnoxious band as noted by Charles. Good steady burn although it started a little off to one side but it quickly straightened itself. Tasty smoke and at the right price point I would surely try these again.

PJ

Shoveled out, showered up and hit the shop to enjoy a '07 San Cristobal de la Habana Muralla. I forgot how good these are.... just a fantastic cigar!

This morning I cracked open the JLP Cremas I got back in early 07. Stepped outside, punched the cap, and fired that baby up. Was probably the best JLP I've ever smoked, excellent cigar!

As a noob, tonight is the first time I think I have something to contribute. I decided to go out in the cold tonight (25F) and have a smoke. I started a fire in the chiminea(wife's idea) to have some heat. Sparked up an Oliva O Maduro Robusto and sipped some Balvenie 15 yr. About half way through, I threw some porterhouse steaks on the grill. The smell of burning birch, and grilled porterhouse was unbelieveable with the deep, dark creamy taste of the Oliva and the woody bite of the balvenie. The clear starry sky and snow covered ground added the perfect visual sight to the experience. Tonight was a great way to enjoy a NE winter evening.

How do you think the maddies compare to th natties? I liked the nattie alot and haven't tried the maddie yet.
I haven't tried the natty yet...and unless somebody hands me one, I probably won't. I was excited about trying the 45th natty...and it was a total let down in my opinion. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a sure thing. Again...just my opinion. ;)

Jay i've been fortunate enough to experience both but IMO absolutely no comparison between the two! Maddy hands down wins the race :love: What a tasty complex cigar they have put together here :) Big ups for Padron Family :thumbs:

Thanks Jay, it looks like I may have to go find myself a maddie to try.

I haven't tried the natty yet...and unless somebody hands me one, I probably won't. I was excited about trying the 45th natty...and it was a total let down in my opinion. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a sure thing. Again...just my opinion. ;)

I had the complete opposite experience , Walt. I found the '45 nattie to be a much better smoke than the '45 maddie. Different strokes... ;)

Just nubbed my first BTL from '09 that Drunkfish3 gave me. Holy moley that was a good cigar! Perfect burn and very tasty! Thanks very much Chester!
thumbs-up.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.