• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tommy Bahama Rum

CasaSoho

New Englander at Heart
I saw a couple of ads for Tommy Bahama rum in the latest Wine Spectator. Anyone have further info on who the distiller is? It will be interesting to see if this is going to be a $40-50 rum, or a $10-20 rum in a $40-50 bottle. Either way, I will guarantee that it carries a premium as far as rum pricing is concerned.

Here is the only info I could dig up from the Sidney Frank Importing Company web-site:

Tommy Bahama Rum

Tommy Bahama is a way of life. For years, customers have been enjoying the Tommy Bahama experience from luxury sportswear to elegant timepieces, fine furnishings to tropical cafes, Tommy Bahama has complemented the good times with good taste. Now, we invite you to sip into the good life with Tommy Bahama Rum.

Tommy Bahama Rum is an ultra-premium rum from the beautiful island of Barbados, the birthplace of rum. Made with clear, cool water and the finest molasses, Tommy Bahama is blended by our master distiller and aged in small batches. The result is a sublimely elegant rum.

White Sand™ & Golden Sun™

Aged in small batches in oak barrels, White Sand is matured for at least two years and Golden Sun matured a minimum of three. Distilled and bottled in Barbados, the most easterly of all the Caribbean islands, the combination of warm temperatures and cooling trade winds create a perfect rum-making environment. The family-owned distillery where White Sand and Golden Sun are created has been making award-winning rums for over 80 years and four generations. White Sand Rum has a smooth mouthfeel and clean finish with hints of tangy, tropical fruit. Golden Sun Rum has an elegant, fruity nose and a taste nuanced with hints of coffee, roasted nuts, and sweet pralines. Sit back and enjoy White Sand and Golden Sun Rums, exclusively from Tommy Bahama.

TB-2-Btl-evening-image.jpg

I saw a couple of ads for Tommy Bahama rum in the latest Wine Spectator. Anyone have further info on who the distiller is? It will be interesting to see if this is going to be a $40-50 rum, or a $10-20 rum in a $40-50 bottle. Either way, I will guarantee that it carries a premium as far as rum pricing is concerned.

Here is the only info I could dig up from the Sidney Frank Importing Company web-site:

Tommy Bahama is a way of life...the Tommy Bahama experience...Tommy Bahama has complemented the good times with good taste...(blah blah blah, $$$ $$$ $$$)

Tommy Bahama Rum is an (super-mega-)ultra-premium rum...made with clear, cool water (as opposed to cloudy, warm water from the tap) and the finest molasses (sorry, I prefer the subtle richness of grade B molasses, same as for my maple syrup), Tommy Bahama is blended by our master distiller and aged in small batches. The result is a sublimely elegant rum (WTF does this mean?).

White Sand™ & Golden Sun™

[blah freakin' blah]
Aged in small batches in oak barrels, White Sand is matured for at least two years and Golden Sun matured a minimum of three. Distilled and bottled in Barbados, the most easterly of all the Caribbean islands, the combination of warm temperatures and cooling trade winds create a perfect rum-making environment. The family-owned distillery where White Sand and Golden Sun are created has been making award-winning rums for over 80 years and four generations. White Sand Rum has a smooth mouthfeel and clean finish with hints of tangy, tropical fruit. Golden Sun Rum has an elegant, fruity nose and a taste nuanced with hints of coffee, roasted nuts, and sweet pralines. Sit back and enjoy White Sand and Golden Sun Rums, exclusively from Tommy Bahama.
[/blah freakin' blah]
If it tastes good, I'll buy it. Are these advertising copywriters serious when they write this bilge?

Thanks for the tip off Casa. Sorry about the being so crotchety early in the morning. :D

Wilkey

Pricing I've seen is $30-35 a bottle, so that makes it a $20 rum in a fancy bottle OR like the other brands that Sidney Frank has discovered, it might actually be good stuff.

Pricing I've seen is $30-35 a bottle, so that makes it a $20 rum in a fancy bottle OR like the other brands that Sidney Frank has discovered, it might actually be good stuff.

Not bad at all. I was impressed with the list of products Sidney Frank has imported and introduced to the U.S. market. Do you have any idea what other rum lines this distillery might be producing from the family owned, 80-years, on Barbados clue in the marketing copy?

Probably distilled by Foursquare which was founded in 1926. They make Doorlys and Foursquare Spiced Rum.

I finally ended up trying this, to keep it short (as it has been several weeks & there is nothing noteworthy about the rum); a suitable mixer but there is better for less. The bottle runs around $30, but I haven't located the best liquor store yet as I am new to the area. I will stick with the Zacapa.