• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tomorrow Is The Day, Got To Go Away

Best of luck and speedy recovery. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers brother.

To follow up on BBS's info, follow the doctor's advise and don't do anything you are told to avaoid. This may be a little more complicated, but in 2002 and 2003 my mother had 2 surgeries (she had 2 partially crushed vertebrea and multiple fractures from a car accident). In the first they removed L5 and S1, Fused L4 to S2 and caged the lot. My mother, being stubborn, went back to work early ADA (Against Doctor's Advise) and was doing more than she should in turning and such (paperwork job) and is still on a cocktail of pills because fo the pain. She blew her chance at a full recovery because she figured that if she felt fine, she was fine. She wasn't. So do what your told, heal up and be back soon, brother.

-K-

PS: Second surgery, for those that care, was removing rib bone slivers to fuse the fractured vertebrea at from T4 - T6.

Phil,

Speedy recovery man. Take care, have some patience and take the time to heal.

Cheers,
Joe

Just wanted to drop in and say Thank You all of the well wishes. Surgery went fine, longer than anticipated because the doctor found a torn ligament on the back side of the c4-c5 disk. Currently just laying around taking it easy on some good medications and will probably return to work the end of this month, unless the actuall fusing isn't going as fast a hoped.

Good to hear it went well Phil. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.

John V.

....doesn't daytime TV pretty much suck....??....:D

Glad to hear all is well - follow your doctor's advice and rest up.

Congrats - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
....doesn't daytime TV pretty much suck....??....:D

Glad to hear all is well - follow your doctor's advice and rest up.

Congrats - B.B.S.
[snapback]180781[/snapback]​

YES, Daytime TV SUCKS and I even have Satellite!

I vist with the doc this coming Thursday to see how everything is going internally. The most cumbersom things so far have been sleeping in the dang braces and the muscle weaknees in the neck and shoulders. In time it will get better though.