• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too late for another pass?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
My wife ordered some stuff online, and when it came in- the box it came in is perfect size for a small to medium size box pass...

Where does she leave the box? Right next to my coolidor in the dining room :angry: So I'm sitting there the other day, smoking a cigar- YES IN THE DINING ROOM. Staring at this empty shipping box like it has magical powers or something... and my oldest son walks in and asks "Dad, are you going to do another box pass?" I replied with a laugh, "Sooner or later- Why?", he replied "Because I know why you're looking at that box... and the perfect title of the pass would be "Well- I had the box: pass" :0 :D

Well, after an episode like that! You gotta wonder, is it karma? :p

So, before I decide to start another one- and start getting some goodies ready... Is the opinion of the people here in the know, Do you guys think its too hot for a box pass right now?

LEMME KNOW.

It's probly not the best time to start a pass but Moki had a great idea using a cooler as the box. Check out the Elitist pass thread. Of course that pretty much negates your nifty new box :p

During the summer months, I would not pass anything you would mind losing to beetles or swelled feet. A low-mid end pass would probably be best, also keep it to 87 people or less. A regional pass would fly by fast too.

Emo

errr...how about 7 or less. I always fat finger the keys when I type. oh well.

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing- which is why I decided to ask... I'm surprised to see as many current passes as there are going right now.

I liked Moki's cooler idea, and the bubble wrap pouches (the cooler more though) But I mean JUNE ? ??? Here in Texas we'll hit triple digits soon, and stay that way till late October (or close anyway). Can't be good for ceegars.

I guess the pass will have to wait, BUT: I can start thinking about goodies for the next one ;)

emodx said:
A low-mid end pass would probably be best

The I had the dog rocket box: pass... I LIKE IT! :p

Hey Tom, we can just pass a box between Arlington and Houston (maybe SA and Houston, too). Ooo... how about an I35 Pass?!? :D That means Houston would be left out... oh who cares, it's Houston. :p

If someone was really determined to do a summer pass, one way to give some 'buffer' to the packaging against the heat would be some sort of water packs or freezer packs outside the cigar container. These would absorb the high heat from sunlight and time in the back of a truck. When the pass arrived in a destination all the participant would do is throw them in his/her refridgerator to cool them back down below 60 degrees for when the pass goes back out.

This can cause more problems than it fixes... punched containers, water/fluid all over the box and possibly in the sticks, getting so hot they could cook the cigars, extra moisture via condensation...

Im sure if I had time, a couple of Peltier coolers, some heatsinks, a LOT of 12v batteries, a couple of fans, and a cooler like the one Moki is using.... some sort of powered cigar cooler could be created. Would be the heaviest pass box ever!!! :D

Shipment via folk lift and cargo express only :p

I guess its time to start one on one trades with folks.... :thumbs:

Michael- I never liked Houston anyway!! :p

we are having a mini Texas pass want in....up to 7 now in Texas alone..and one phish from elsewhere I believe....FMF, but will go in on another.....yehawww