• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Toronto

Gonnagal

I've going to Toronto this upcoming weekend and I would like to purchase a couple of sticks from the LCDH there. I know it's located inside one of the hotel lobby's there. I was curious if anyone could give me a few nice places there to enjoy a drink and a nice stick. Also any suggestions on some sticks to try? I really enjoy full flavour cigars. I'm going to buy a stick of the following:

PSD#4
Montecristo #2
Bolivar Royal Cornoa (sp)
Cohiba Robusto (Maybe Secretos Maduro,sp?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was curious if anyone could give me a few nice places there to enjoy a drink and a nice stick.

Outside with a bottle in a paper bag lol. Ontario is 100% smoke free in public buildings etc so there is nowhere to sit while you smoke a stick.

You're in for the shock of your life. Some of the most incredibly expensive cigars I've bought have been in Toronto - taxes are a killer...

Yup the joys of living in Ontario :angry: Oh and don't even think about looking at those cigars before you buy them! :angry:

Thank you all for the quick replys. I figured I'd be a kid in a candy store. As far as walking around town are you allowed to smoke? Another question, we're thinking of going to the Zoo, and I'm sure I can't walk around there with a cigar?

I figured if I did buy those sticks listed it would be well over 140 or so. Another question, what Hotel is the LCDH located in, I wish it was the Hilton were we are staying.

IIRC, it's in the lobby of the Four Seasons, at Avenue between Bloor and Cumberland. Walk towards Yonge on Cumberland to go to Thomas Hinds instead - less than five minutes away.

I was at the Toronto Zoo about a week ago actually (go see the sting ray exibt!) and I saw people walking around outside smoking cigs but not cigars. Though around here its rare to see anyone other then myself smoking a Cigar.

I was at the Toronto Zoo about a week ago actually (go see the sting ray exibt!) and I saw people walking around outside smoking cigs but not cigars. Though around here its rare to see anyone other then myself smoking a Cigar.

x2 on that - although you will see it occasionally on Bay St or if you hang around enough at the Diplomatico. :) A lot of the old-school places in little italy (or little portugal) allow it.

Cool, thanks. I'm sure walking around town and the Zoo, I'll have one lit up. I think you are right on the Four Seasons lobby.

Any suggestions of good eating?

What kind of food? Where are you located?

My wife and I, and a bunch of our friends, had dinner at The Big Ragu (St. Clair/Lansdowne) 2 Saturdays ago. Absolutely phenomenal. But you need a few weeks' notice to get a reservation if it's a Friday or Saturday. I used to go to Le Select (french, Spadina/Queen) all the time. For street-corner, back-alley thai food, you could do a lot worse than Salad King (Yonge/Dundas). My pub of choice was the Bow and Arrow (Yonge/Davisville) for several years. Bistro? Try JK Bistro, King and Sherbourne. Break the bank? Beg, borrow or steal a reservation at Susur.

In other words, Toronto is a huge foodie city, probably second in North America to NYC. You have a lot of options. :)

(And probably my favorite city, just ahead of Amsterdam, but your mileage may vary. I like car exhaust, concrete, and buildings that block out the sun.)

Where staying at the Hilton. I really enjoy a good steak, and the GF loves Seafood. We're leaving Wednesday to head up there. The suggestions you listed I will take a gander at those.

Gonnagal,

let me offer some advice on places to dine. First off what type of cusine do you like? Toronto is very multicultural and you have a lot to choose from regardless of your preferences. One place to help you get an idea of what's around is http://www.toronto.com/restaurants. the area where the LCDH store is called Yorkville which is a very upscale part of town, but we have other areas that are just fantasic for food and entertainment.... Check out Little Italy, the Danforth (for Greek), the Distillery district, Chinatown (downtown) and the King West (Club district and eclectic mix of trendy restaurants).... I can go on and on but these areas will give you some good starting points to do some searching on Toronto.com. let me know if something interests you and I'll see if I can help you further.

Roger.