• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TOUR DE FRANCE WINNER FLOYD LANDIS

Cheeze

F%#k it Dude, Lets go bowling
HAD POSITIVE DOPING TEST, TEAM SAYS
:0

Lets discuss.

The team says he tested positive for higher then normal level of Testosterone. But there will be more test to come. Did he do it,and is this just the beginning of a new doping scandal?

This is definitely a distubing development.

They always take 2 samples, A & B, and if the first tests positive, then they test the second. That is how they were trying to get Lance is test his old B samples that a lab had kept from back in the late 1990's. They tested those for EPO, which they could not test for at the time.

I think this whole thing stinks to high heaven. It makes you start to wonder about Lance (I know, our all-American boy...), if he was riding away from Basso, Landis, and Ullrich, and they were all cheating....

I was disappointed that Lance Armstrong was not in this years Tour.
However, the 2006 Tour was very exciting with unpredictable things
happening on every stage.

When Floyd Landis lost the jersey by 8 minutes everyone wrote him off.
The comeback the very next day to set himself up for a time trial in
which he knew 30 seconds would be taken back was unbelievable viewing,
some of the best for years.

Is it possible that the big D word is involved? Nothing would surprise
me anymore! Is he so stupid, given the dope scandal at the start of the Tour,
to blatantly enhance his performance, I cannot believe that!

The French have been aiming at Armstrong for years but there is no proof.
I doubt, but will also be disappointed, if Landis is guilty of such
stupidity.

Brian

To make it (seem) worse, the sample was taken after his historic comeback day in the 17th stage...
I hope it proves untrue, truly I do. Not for America, and not for him, but for sport, and the people who still hope to see it as a place of inspiration for themselves and their children.

Seems strange to me that someone would be so blatantly stupid as to use a substance that is so easily tested for. Especially in the middle of the whole thing.

I hope it isn't true, but if it is I wouldn't be all that shocked.

Maybe they just can't stand the fact that a guy named Floyd won their "prestigious" race. :D

I have to question if that type of doping would provide the immediate effect that enabled his performance the next day. I don't know enough to say.

I have to question if that type of doping would provide the immediate effect that enabled his performance the next day. I don't know enough to say.

I read the main article about this story on CNNSI today that said they commonly use a testosterone patch and place it on their scrotum after a race, and it aids their recovery for the next day...

I read the main article about this story on CNNSI today that said they commonly use a testosterone patch and place it on their scrotum after a race, and it aids their recovery for the next day...

WTF????

What? Come on shooter, you don't put testosterone patches on your scrotum after a big night? Seems to make sense to me. ;)

For details, see the second page of the story in this link:

CNN LANDIS STORY

And I quote:

To help recover, testosterone and human growth hormone can be used. "Both are made by the body and are therefore natural substances," he said. "They help to build muscle as well as in muscle recovery."

Dr. Moosburger explained how it was done. "You put a standard testosterone patch that is used for male hormone-replacement therapy on your scrotum and leave it there for about six hours. The small dose is not sufficient to produce a positive urine result in the doping test, but the body actually recovers faster."

It would be funny -- if it weren't heartbreaking -- to think that as he sat outside the team hotel last Wednesday night, explaining his collapse, Landis was already getting a little help from a patch on a tender part of his anatomy.

The french will do anything to disqualify an americain racer. At one point the accused Lance of haveing surgery to alter his lungs. I hope this is not true but it seems more and more lately unfounded acusations are made against folks then proved wrong later but that person still has a bad image. Disgusting really anyway I hope these acusations prove to be false.

Seems strange to me that someone would be so blatantly stupid as to use a substance that is so easily tested for. Especially in the middle of the whole thing. ...

AND when coupled with what happened last year with Armstrong, it is even more unlikely that he would have resorted to taking performance enhancing chemicals.

We're not talking about pot-smoking, snow boarders at the Winter Olympics. :D