• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trader Comments

sig 111

Is there a way to post trader comments for members after completing a trade?
TIA.

nope, and there probably won't ever be. you can certainly list your trades in your profile, that's how most do it.

There isn't any forum for this and as Rob said, most put it in their profile. Sometimes if you traded and got bombed at the same time you can mention that in the lobby. Just hang out for awhile and you'll see how things are done.

nope, and there probably won't ever be. you can certainly list your trades in your profile, that's how most do it.

Please allow me to clarify, there NEVER will be on this site. ;)

If someone's a "bad" trader, start a thread about it. If you're happy with the trade, there's no need to say anything.

Please allow me to clarify, there NEVER will be on this site. ;)

If someone's a "bad" trader, start a thread about it. If you're happy with the trade, there's no need to say anything.

BUT, if someone blows you away with their generosity, some people do say so, no need to get specific (actually discouraged), but some folks do say something in the lobby.

Is there a way to post trader comments for members after completing a trade?
TIA.

I can't speak for Rod, the owner/administrator of this forum, but I will speak for myself.

Trader comments are a nice concept in theory. But as commonly implemented on other cigar boards, it is a system that is readily abused by the unscrupulous. As a result, the benefits of the system are diluted and sometimes distorted to the degree that it no longer has any meaning. It no longer provides the assurance of an ethical trader.

Here on CigarPass, if you want to recognize a good trader, post in the Lobby. If you want to call out a bad trader, post in the lobby. If you want to establish a list of references, then add the usernames to your profile as I and others do.

The approach we use here on CigarPass works for one simple reason: It requires that members establish their goodwill and reputation through participation in the commuity. You will not find 50-post, 90-day wonders armed with a dozen "good trader" comments wheeling and dealing smokes here. The members of this community look out for each other, each in their own way. When guys like Bkcloud114, ggiese, and others speak, we'd all do best to listen. In the place of a "dumb" system that can be easily abused, we have a network of vigilant, respected watchdogs.

I hope that makes the situation a little more clear for you as well as the other new board members.

Wilkey

Stick around and you will see there is no need for a trader section..