• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Transformers 2

billbaker3

Anyone going to see it right when it comes out? Personally I cant wait. Loved the first one. Just wish there was more bots in this one.

Ditto for me, thought the first one rocked!
can't wait to see this one

I will be on a mission to not have this movie runied for me until I get home.

Trope Namer: The music in Transformers: The Movie (the 1986 animated movie, unfortunately not used in the 2007 live-action movie).

* Safely channeling that much awesome was hard enough to do the first time around. If they'd done it for the climax of the 2007 movie, theaters across the nation would have burst into flames.
* The Nostalgia Critic has pointed out that all the sequel really needs to be a success is an advertising campaign stating "Yes, this one actually uses the theme song."

Quote from TV Tropes

Sums up what I think is the only thing that could have made the first one better.

I will definitely be seeing this one when its released on the first day for sure.

I agree with the theme song idea from the cartoon movie and I also think the "You Got the Touch" song should be used in 2 as well. Dirk Digler singing it in Boogie Night made the "awesomeness" level of that song go up 10x's.

If people are on the fence about the sequel, just remember Megan Fox is in it. 'Nuff said.

...and for those of you who have never seen the original Transformers Animated Movie before (I can't see how you haven't!). These are the videos for the songs. No better songs have ever been in a movie before!!!

The Touch

Opening Theme

Let the awesomness surround you and pull you in.

And who can forget Orsen Wells as Unicron? Best voice in a movie!

Unicron Makes Galvatron

i loved the cartoon. although it was always a bit unsetteling to me that the main bad character (megatron)was a freaking hand gun! and then, when i i had all the toys, he transformed to a life size handgun. pre-puberty marcsheldon was like "what the heck am i going to do with this???"

but post-puberty marcsheldon can overlook that with a few glimpses of ms fox....

I'm not looking forward to it, but then again I work at a movie theater so I'll be having significantly less fun at the premiere than those who get to actually watch the movie :sign:. Hopefully after things die down I'll be able to see it, will certainly be worth it for Megan Fox if nothing else.

Nothing will ever beat the original! That being said, I'm moderately excited for this one. Hopefully Shia LeBeouf doesn't ruin it like he did Indiana Jones...

I'm not looking forward to it, but then again I work at a movie theater so I'll be having significantly less fun at the premiere than those who get to actually watch the movie :sign:. Hopefully after things die down I'll be able to see it, will certainly be worth it for Megan Fox if nothing else.

You aren't going to preview it?

I was a big fan of Transformers going up. I remember going to see the movie when it back out way back when.. I'm not a fan of the new movies, but I will go see it a few weeks after it opens.

You aren't going to preview it?

Doubtful, there's always a chance but unless we get like 4 prints of it I'll have to wait for release.

I will be seeing it in IMAX.
Us too!

I just read where Bay said that the IMAX version runs a bit longer. Four of the major fight scenes were shot using IMAX cameras, so those scenes are being shown in their entirety in IMAX....where as the regular theatrical version will have shorter versions of these same fight scenes.