• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Traveling to Miami

HT73

I will be traveling to Miami for the holidays (Dec. 22- Jan. 2) and am wondering if anyone knows of any good cigar shops in the area. I also plan on visiting Little Havana as I did about a year ago but I remember it being slim pickin' other than the El Credito factory. I'll be in the southwest part of town (near Florida International U.). Maybe I can meet some of our smoking brothers out there. Also, I've read a lot of good things about Tatuaje cigars but none of the local shops here carry them. I read somewhere that they are rolled in Miami. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere in town? Any suggestions are appreciated. :thumbs: HT73

HT73 said:
I will be traveling to Miami for the holidays (Dec. 22- Jan. 2) and am wondering if anyone knows of any good cigar shops in the area. I also plan on visiting Little Havana as I did about a year ago but I remember it being slim pickin' other than the El Credito factory. I'll be in the southwest part of town (near Florida International U.). Maybe I can meet some of our smoking brothers out there. Also, I've read a lot of good things about Tatuaje cigars but none of the local shops here carry them. I read somewhere that they are rolled in Miami. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere in town? Any suggestions are appreciated. :thumbs: HT73
[snapback]254358[/snapback]​

I will be able to supply a more complete listing of recommended places but here is one you ought to look into. There is a little manufacturer, not known outside of Miami, called Caonao. They are located on SW 40th Street (Bird Road) just a little bit east of 97th Avenue. They are are in a little store front on the north side of 40th Street just east of 97th Avenue. They often have no one in the shop who speaks English but they are willing to try to help you if your Spanish is limited. You can see them rolling their cigars in the shop. I highly recommend the mild Torres cigars and the more robust Caonao torpedos. They are VERY fresh so they will have to be aged a little bit. I have found six months in the humidor does these cigars much good.

Thanks for the tip MJL. I know exactly where that is on Bird Rd. as I lived in Miami for many years (prior to picking up smoking cigars). I speak Spanish so I should be ok with speaking to the folks there. The Caonao torp sounds good. I think I'll pick some up while I'm down there. Can't wait to hear of other places to check out.

Ok so you know that Caonao is near Florida Outdoors. Their cigars are quite good, especially the two I mentioned, but they are so fresh that they really need some aging in the humidor for 6 months or so before I will smoke them. Here is a suggestion. Drive up to Perdomo's. They have a small shop in their place off the Palmetto (826). It is worth the stop in. After Perdomo's head east on the 826 to Bal Harbor. Visit Mike's Cigars. Also well worth the stop in... if for anything else for the bargain bags! There are so many little places in Little Havana worth seeing that it would be hard to put them in priority. I generally always stop in to Padron's and El Credito. I usually take lunch at Versailles. Next to it is Macabi Cigars. If you want a cheaper lunch you can eat at the original El Rey de la Frita's that is down the block from El Credito. You can walk to the El Rey from the front door of El Credito. There is a good bakery next to El Rey where you can grab a Cafe' Cubano and a pastelito. I also like to stop in to the place in Key Largo. They have a house brand of cigars that are quite nice.

There is also "el pub" on 8th and about 16th ave near La Luna. El Titan de Bronze is another little place kitty corner from El Credito.
Padron is about 2 minutes from El Credito, that could be fun too.

Gator and I go to a local shop in the Doral area on 87th ave and 27th st. Click here

Oh and if you do go to Perdomo which is about 5 minutes from the school I work at, you could also check out Oliva which is in Miami Lakes.

Looks like between MJL and ricmac, I've come up with a sweet itinerary while on vacation. :thumbs: Ric, thanks for the link to the article on Sabor Havana. I've actually only been there once and it's great. Can't wait to go back. MJL, cafe cubano and a pastelito in 70 degree weather sounds good from up here. :D Hope you guys are free sometime while I'm down there.

Sorry I didn't post in this or reply to your PM earlier...I just sent you a PM. Hope it helps :thumbs: