• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TROLLS BEWARE!

I am not the most "E" savy person out there.......but........what exactly is a "Troll"?

I know that I don't want to be one, just need a definition.

Someone who likes to cause trouble. Oftentimes their identity is hidden, they use a fake email address, fake name, etc, and they try to cause trouble. For instance, if we ban someone, it's possible they will come back as a troll using fake info, then we ban them again.

Ah I can see it now

10 years down the road I’ll be helping my kid with his history homework and he’ll ask. “Daddy, what’s this freedom they speak of?”

Someone who makes an incendiary, arguement-causing post can be considered a troll.

Just tell me where to turn myself in.

AVB said:
Just tell me where to turn myself in.
[snapback]272911[/snapback]​
When you find out AVB, please shoot me a PM, okay? Then you and I can meet there.

A troll doesnt necessarily have to cause trouble. Could be considered a post whore as well. :0

Truly a frightening concept ... as "annoying" is one of those words, like "beautiful", that can mean quite a different thing to several different individuals.

Your real name better be Jeff Clemons, or you're heading for the slammer. :laugh:

Whew! I'm safe then. :p

Mr Peat said:
A troll doesnt necessarily have to cause trouble. Could be considered a post whore as well. :0
[snapback]272997[/snapback]​

To grease the rails for this idea, Sen. Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican, and the section's other sponsors slipped it into an unrelated, must-pass bill to fund the Department of Justice. The plan: to make it politically infeasible for politicians to oppose the measure.

Yet another example of why I believe the majority of people on Capitol Hill are a bunch of useless, self-serving morons. :sign:

What I can't understand is why these "lawmakers" are afraid to let their ideas and sponsored bills stand on their own merit. It happens time and time again: a "must pass" bill gets loaded with pork and special interests...

mrjinglesusa said:
... What I can't understand is why these "lawmakers" are afraid to let their ideas and sponsored bills stand on their own merit. It happens time and time again: a "must pass" bill gets loaded with pork and special interests...
[snapback]273083[/snapback]​

Because they very well know that they often don't have any merit to stand on and wouldn't have a snowballs chance in Hell would be my guess.