• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying to figure out which Humidor to order

I have been looking into humidors for a little while and have been driving myself insane trying to choose between a few. Currently, I have 85 cigars which I am keeping in a couple of large Ziploc bags with water pillow’s to hold me over until I have made up my mind.. I know my collection will be growing quickly and I am eventually going to make a coolidor but I would like something nice for my first humi. Anyways, here are the four I have narrowed it down to;

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/DH-300GTB.html

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-200DL.html

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-300GR.html

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-500G.html

Any suggestions, opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Personally I am no expert but I like this one http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-300GR.html

I had one with a window in it and had leak issues and only with a bead of silicon was able to really get a good seal. I can't speak for any of those but one of yours I linked to like the style and simplicity. I would check out Hartfelt Industry humi beads for it as well. I never could rest peacefully using the chemical solutions.

Goodluck and enjoy whichever you choose as it will the the right one for you.

I really like the Ravello and the treasure dome. But if I have to pick one right now..it would be the Ravello. Post pics when you get it =) I'm already in the market for a 2nd humidor. Or my plan B is to build a coolidor and save up for an aristocrat :sign:

They're all aesthetically pleasing. The glass cabinet would be my choice. The chest looks as if you'd have to bury your cigars to get the space from it. Which might be inconvenient as your collection grows. The cabinet also has the Hygrometer visible without opening the humidor itself. I'd upgrade to digital, and whatever humidification device automatically comes with the humidor minus an upgrade, I'd replace with beads.

Although there are some mixed reviews regarding cheaphumidor products on amazon. Course take those however you will.

I've dealt with Cheaphumidors.com before. Experienced a minor glitch in the shipping though. When they shipped my order to Canada, I requested USPS standard service. The order was shipped via FedEx ground. The package was stopped at the border, opened, and inspected. I ended up having to pay FedEx to act as my broker to clear the package, then pay duty, PST, and GST on the invoice amount. It added up to being about $60 extra dollars. Luckily the cigars I ordered weren't in that box otherwise I would have been dinged for the tobacco taxes as well.

In hindsight, I should have had the package returned and re-shipped as I had requested to avoid the hassle and extra money spent. I believe the same thing happened to Bitaemo when he ordered a humidor some time ago.

Fantastic choices. What favorites do you plan on storing?

Stabell is good and Avallo too!

I have the Treasure Dome which I bought as an imperfect, and have no complaints (and couldn't find any scratches or anything wrong with it - its currently available as an imperfect).

If this works for what you are wanting to get, its is a better bang for the buck. They keep changing these up a bit, but I have two similar ones, and couldn't be more happy with them.

I have the Treasure Dome which I bought as an imperfect, and have no complaints (and couldn't find any scratches or anything wrong with it - its currently available as an imperfect).

If this works for what you are wanting to get, its is a better bang for the buck. They keep changing these up a bit, but I have two similar ones, and couldn't be more happy with them.

Personally I like that one quite a bit. Doesn't list weight though, I think I'd get murdered by shipping fees.

I have been looking into humidors for a little while and have been driving myself insane trying to choose between a few. Currently, I have 85 cigars which I am keeping in a couple of large Ziploc bags with water pillow’s to hold me over until I have made up my mind.. I know my collection will be growing quickly and I am eventually going to make a coolidor but I would like something nice for my first humi. Anyways, here are the four I have narrowed it down to;

If I was you, contact Rod and see what kind of humidor he can get you in your price range. I did this when I bought my 3k stick humidor and have been extremely happy with it. I knew when I bought it was going to be to small for the long term. :laugh:

Personally I like that one quite a bit. Doesn't list weight though, I think I'd get murdered by shipping fees.

And if I was your SeanShawn, I'd head on over to here http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showforum=34 and do an Introduction. :p

You could also PM a guy named DexterMorgan who, like you, was asking about humidors a little while back. He, like you, is from Canada as well. You guys would have lots to talk about.

I've dealt with Cheaphumidors.com before. Experienced a minor glitch in the shipping though. When they shipped my order to Canada, I requested USPS standard service. The order was shipped via FedEx ground. The package was stopped at the border, opened, and inspected. I ended up having to pay FedEx to act as my broker to clear the package, then pay duty, PST, and GST on the invoice amount. It added up to being about $60 extra dollars. Luckily the cigars I ordered weren't in that box otherwise I would have been dinged for the tobacco taxes as well.In hindsight, I should have had the package returned and re-shipped as I had requested to avoid the hassle and extra money spent. I believe the same thing happened to Bitaemo when he ordered a humidor some time ago.

Thanks for the heads up Shamrocker. I will contact them and hopefully they will listen to my request. Its a cheaper means of shipping too so hopefully they'll get it right.

Fantastic choices. What favorites do you plan on storing?

Stabell is good and Avallo too!

For now I will be putting in some Bolivar Royal Coronas, Bolivar Tubos No.2, Punch Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey Cornations and a couple of Montecristo #2's.. I’m new to the world of cigars though and am looking forward to trying a variety of smokes and whichever ones I like will be going in there as well!!

That’s a nice looking Humi. I would love to get something like that and believe it or not, my wife would prefer me to get one if the end table styles so we can display it in the living room!! The only problem extra for shipping is too much for me right now because I got a few couple of new windows I got to put in the house so I don’t have the extra cash for that. Maybe for my next humidor though……. :whistling:

I have the 4Th one and while it does hold humidity very well, it's a PITA to get cigars from the bottom. If you need the capacity though and you want to do some ageing, it will work nicely for you. They also sell belms of the same one for a little less sometimes.

I have the 4Th one and while it does hold humidity very well, it's a PITA to get cigars from the bottom. If you need the capacity though and you want to do some ageing, it will work nicely for you. They also sell belms of the same one for a little less sometimes.

Don't you make custom humidors? I would have thought that you had some super fancy custom job at home. :sign:

I have 3 I built myself but I had this one from waaay back. I use it for ageing. You know the old saying "Shoe maker shoes always have holes" Besides, it would be a shame to have an empty humidor around. :D
Once I'm caught up on orders, I have some special wood I've been saving. I'm going to pull all the stops and build myself the humidor to end all humidors. ;) Got a few tricks up my sleeve I don't believe have been done yet.

Also consider contacting HumiDork here. He works for Cheaphumidors and may be able to assist in making sure your order ships as requested. Then again maybe he has no input on that side whatsoever.

I have 3 I built myself but I had this one from waaay back. I use it for ageing. You know the old saying "Shoe maker shoes always have holes" Besides, it would be a shame to have an empty humidor around. :D
Once I'm caught up on orders, I have some special wood I've been saving. I'm going to pull all the stops and build myself the humidor to end all humidors. ;) Got a few tricks up my sleeve I don't believe have been done yet.

Pics of that one are mandatory! Also I will be happy to help find a home for your custom displaced humidors after that build is complete! :whistling:

PJ

Hey guys, just saw this thread. I've been away for awhile and I'm a little behind the curve. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of the humidors on CheapHumidors.com or if you'd like me to hook you up with a coupon!

For guys who have the Treasure Dome, can you tell me if you can store boxes under the trays? I can't quite tell from the photos if all of the lower dividers are removable or if some of them are fixed. It looks like 4 compartments on the bottom and each tray has a divider. Can you take out the bottom dividers and store boxes in there, or is it best to just store the cigars sans box.

I'm trying to figure out my next humi move now that I've outgrown my starter desktop. (Truth be told, I outgrew it before it ever arrived in the mail, but I bought it before I discovered CP!) I've been thinking a coolidor is likely in my future, but the Treasure Dome and The Lauderdale have my interest piqued.

The dividers are removable on mine. I can keep a couple boxes or a few bundles on the bottom under the trays.