• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TTT Trinidad Ben-Hur Review

Mojo

I thought I'd take another shot at a cigar review. This time, the smoke of choice is Trinidad Ben-Hur. Tale of the tape on these sticks is 5x52. They're a mix is Nic/DR and Puerto Rician leaf wrapped in an Ecuador Sumatran wrapper.

I picked up a box of these from JR when they first introduced them. I think I paid something like $90 a box (20 @ $4.50 ea), which doesn't seem like a bad deal since they're now selling for $119 ($5.95). Retail is marked at $170 ($8.50).

I had a chance to let the box sit for a few months now and have had an opportunity to sample a few. Overall, I'd say these are a nice solid smoke. They're a good, tasty cigar -- with a leather/nutty taste profile. They're listed as being a full smoke, but I say they're more on the medium to full side. The first couple I had when I first got the box seemed absolutely light, but time seems to improve this sticks.

What really stands out for me with these cigars is that in the 5 or so I've sampled, the build quality has been most impressive. The are pretty cigars. They've all burned very even -- despite occasionally rushing through a smoke. They give off a ton of good smoke and produce slabs of firm ash, and stay cool almost until the end. And, I haven't had one yet provide a bad draw.

Would I recommend these? For $4.50 a stick, I'd definitely say these are great for someone who values things like appearance and draw as much as they value the taste itself. On taste alone, I think they're a good solid smoke, but not a standout necessarily. Based up on my experience with this cigar, I'd definitely be willing to give anything else in the Trinidad line a shot -- assuming it was reasonably priced.

Mojo