• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tubes?

TonyDogs

Banned
Ok old school guys what do I do.
I just got a fat box of 10 Montecristo royal tubes.....yeah get down baby!

I think I got a great deal on them cbid. for $58 with shipping.

Anyways,do I leave them in the tubes?
Put the tubes in the humidor?

If I do decide to leave them in the tubes outside the humidors, how long before they get dry?

Let me know boys, I need some wisdom on this one!

Thank you
Tonydogs ;)

If they are the aluminum tubes...I've read that they can sit right there in the tubes, because the aluminum tubes will breath...unlike the glass tubes. Please correct me if I am wrong on this FOG's.

-Fetter

Keep them in the tubes in your humi.
Wether you take the caps off or not is a personal choice.

What he said, its preference whether or not you take the caps off

Cigars age best in their natural enviorment. Leave them in the tubes and in the original box they will do just fine.

I usually keep them in tubes but I take them out a few days before I smoke them. I had a Monte Tubos that was just too moist. I couldn't keep the thing lit. I took another one out and smoked it a few days later and it smoked much better. I did the same with all the rest with positive results.

I personally leave all my sticks in the original containers (whether it be cello, tube , box whatever) unless its glass, than I remove the cork and let them "bask in the ambience" lol.