• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tupperdor and RH

LarianLeQuella

Elf Wino
Okay, I used the search function, and while I found a lot of threads discussing "Tupperdors" I wasn't able to truly narrow down my questions to being answered. So here goes:

Being in a "deployed" location, and only having AAFES to depend on, any additional tips and advice? My biggest concern is being able to monitor and maintain correct humidity.

I knw I can just buy a tupperware container, wash it out with bleach, get it nice and dry, and then seal it up. Having only the most primitieve materials to work with, what next?

Do I moisten some bounty, put it in a perforated zipplock and maybe separate it from sticks with a peice of plastic or something? And how do I monitor the actual RH?

I don't mind it being labour intensive, I am living groundhog day after all, so I got very little else to do.

Thank you in advance.

I don't worry about monitoring the humidity while I'm deployed. I can tell by how they smoke whether they're getting too wet or dry. One less thing to worry about.

Best (long term) option is to get yourself some Heartfelt >humidity beads<. Until then, a moistened paper towel in a ziplock back will work.

Buy yourself some beads. Heartfelt, or the cheaper eBAY generic brands. I have both and both work the same. put them in a shot glass or small cup, put it inside the tuperware, and don't worry about a the RH, the beads will take care of it for you.

If you have access to a piece of nylons, just make a little pouch for the beads, then you can keep your sticks in a ziplock or something. Although this method doesn't give them any protection against being damaged.

Here is where I bought my beads:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/propagate_for_fun

Great product, best prices, and fast shipping. These work just as well as the heartfelt ones that I have.

I've got you covered on the beads. I have plenty of 65% with me. Got a calibrated hygro as well you can have. I'll see you with them in the morning.

Trey

I think Trey may be stalking me! :0 Good thing the smell of cabbage gives him away. *Prepares for tiny fists of doom*

Many thanks.

:angry: GD! THEY DON'T SMELL LIKE CABBAGE!

*shakes tiny fist*

Back