• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Turkey recipes

Anyone have a good recipe for Turkey Day?

I'm cooking two smaller turkeys this year. Going to do one hickory smoked and the other I'm leaning towards a spicy, cajun (need to find a good recipe).

So let's see some recipes! :thumbs:

Go to the Food Network they have tons of recipes. Good luck. I'm going to try the herb one from the Neely's :thumbs:

Yep, I found a cajun one from Emerill

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/cajun-injected-spicy-turkey-recipe/index.html

Submerge in brine for a couple of days and place in smoker. We've done this for the last 3 or 4 years and it comes out incredible.

This is my favorite Turkey brine and roasting method ever. Anyone who has had it, says it is the best they have ever had.
Sometimes, I just brine a couple of legs too. Works fantastic.

My link

edit to add:

I use a food grade 5 gallon bucket, in the fridge. Got it from the deli. Had like macaroni salad or some such in it. 2 bucks.

I never EVER cook a bird without brining first. This brine looks similar to mine. I always cook turkeys breast down on a Weber kettle. I also stuff with my own home made stuffing.
18 coals on each side add a pan in the middle (gotta catch the drippings for gravy)
Place bird on a rack on the grill. Add 9 coals to each side then add 9 coals on each side every 30'minutes cook 9 to 11 minutes per pound. You may need to place some foil on the wing tips and the thigh area depending on size of bird. I usually cook a 15 pounder. Sometimes I add wet apple wood chips to the coals.

If you brine a turkey and do not over cook it you don't need any fancy rubs, injections, etc.
Let the flavor of the bird stand up.
I take it off when an instant read thermometer hits 160 to 165 and cover with foil and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Been cooking turkeys like this for 15 years and haven't killed anyone yet.
That gives you time to get those drippings and make the gravy. Yum

This is my favorite Turkey brine and roasting method ever. Anyone who has had it, says it is the best they have ever had.
Sometimes, I just brine a couple of legs too. Works fantastic.

My link

edit to add:

I use a food grade 5 gallon bucket, in the fridge. Got it from the deli. Had like macaroni salad or some such in it. 2 bucks.

I completely agree with brining the bird(s). We've done it that way for a couple of years now and it is, hands down, the way to go. It keeps the meat moist and succulent and gives you a chance to get some additional flavor penetration. Good stuff.

Let us know how they turn out...