• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Two colored ash?

defetis

Token
So I was smoking the last of my 8-12 monthes aged CAO Brazilia. When I lit the cigar, you could already tell it had been aged, the ash was pretty white through the first quarter. I noticed about half way through the ash become a very dominate white color. What caused my cigar to have a very diverse color in ash? Almost half and half.....never seen this before.

I am not an ash man but everything I read about ash seems to indicate that the color reflects the different content of the minerals in the tobacco. I am not sure but I think the whiter the ash the more magnesium the leaf contains. The color of the ash can change depending on what part of the leaf is burning and what leaf is burning. There is a famous legend that Sherlock Holmes could tell what the cigar was and where the leaf came from by the color of the ash. There is some literature about color of ash and what elements the leaves contain. The color of the ash is very indicative of the soil content where the tobacco was grown. It is a good observation. Enjoy!! :thumbs:

I just have to say I'm diggin the white ash on that avatar of yours!

:D

I am not an ash man but everything I read about ash seems to indicate that the color reflects the different content of the minerals in the tobacco. I am not sure but I think the whiter the ash the more magnesium the leaf contains. The color of the ash can change depending on what part of the leaf is burning and what leaf is burning. There is a famous legend that Sherlock Holmes could tell what the cigar was and where the leaf came from by the color of the ash. There is some literature about color of ash and what elements the leaves contain. The color of the ash is very indicative of the soil content where the tobacco was grown. It is a good observation. Enjoy!! :thumbs:

Ha! You made a funny!

Wheres mark twain? I figured he'd like my avatar, as a feel ass man the he must be

Spelling edit :(

Wheres mark twain? I figured he'd like my avatar, as a feel ass man the he must be

Spelling edit :(
Who is she? Fine is not just for wines! :)

So we're letting this guy sneak back in again?

There are those who believe that anyone may be "redeemed" and re-integrate themselves into our community with a genuine effort. There are those who think that there are lines that can no be un-crossed. Not saying which I am, but I think that those who know me know where I stand.