• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

U-C-O-N-N, UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

Ralph

Largest point differential in NCAA tournament history. Twelve straight tournament wins by 13 or more points. Incredible.

I stormed the court at MSG in 1988 thinking the NIT Championship would be the pinnacle of UConn hoops. Man was I wrong.

I am going to dig something special out of the humidor to celebrate today.

Congrats on your teams win... They dominated last night... I have to be honest last night was the only game I watch in college all year, but I have to say for all the hype about Edey and Purdue, I was not impressed at all... Reminded me a lot of the Mavs back when Shawn Bradley was our center. That's not a good thing...

Congrats on your teams win... They dominated last night... I have to be honest last night was the only game I watch in college all year, but I have to say for all the hype about Edey and Purdue, I was not impressed at all... Reminded me a lot of the Mavs back when Shawn Bradley was our center. That's not a good thing...
Thanks! Edey still got 37, but that was the poison UConn chose. They held the rest of the team to 23 points and only one three pointer. Curious how he (and UConn's Clingan) will do in the NBA as it really isn't a big man's game anymore.

Thanks! Edey still got 37, but that was the poison UConn chose. They held the rest of the team to 23 points and only one three pointer. Curious how he (and UConn's Clingan) will do in the NBA as it really isn't a big man's game anymore.
Yeah I get that he got 37, so the stats look good, but like you said UConn was almost letting him have some of those points. When your 7'4" in college it looks like dominance, I don't see him being able to perform like that at the next level when everyone is bigger and stronger. He just didn't look like an NBA all-star type of player to me, but I hope he proves me wrong...

Yeah I get that he got 37, so the stats look good, but like you said UConn was almost letting him have some of those points. When your 7'4" in college it looks like dominance, I don't see him being able to perform like that at the next level when everyone is bigger and stronger. He just didn't look like an NBA all-star type of player to me, but I hope he proves me wrong...
Aaron, that sounds pretty intelligent! Has DR been talking round ball with you? 😁

Edey will be "fine" in the NBA. It's a bad draft, so hopefully a team that can develop and use him properly will take him. I think he'll be a very serviceable pro. Clingan won't do anything, imo

I remember that bean pole! Shame what happened to him with that bicycle accident back in 2021.

Doesn’t edey also play baseball or something? Maybe he will be ok in the nba but my first take has always been that he didn’t look any good. Then I saw how many ppg he was getting and I thought maybe im wrong? Just doesn’t have the skill set needed imo, he is just taller than everyone else right now.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the nc state game. How did he look there? Did he match up with burns? I wondered how he would look with a big body on him, stats seem to indicate his ppg for that game were down.

Edey could be a good situational guy who could average 4-8 minutes/game in the NBA. The game has changed so much that big men are all but obsolete.