• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UFC 101

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
WHO'S GOING TO WIN?

BJ PENN or KENNY FLORIAN???

FORREST GRIFFIN or ANDERSON SILVA???

UPC? It just so happens I have a barcode on the back of my neck.

That's not what you said, is it? Ah, well. Can't win them all.

Well the Silva/Griffin fight was completely disappointing... Getting knocked out with a slap makes me think differently of one of my favorite fighters! I pray the Penn/Florian fight is better!!! UFC 101 has been a disaster with a sloppy uneventful fight which went to decission with the Grove/Almeida fight, the bad ref call at 29 seconds in the first round to end the Hendricks/Sadollah fight, the rediculous knock out of Forrest Griffin in the first round in the Griffin/Silva fight!!! Let's hope the Penn/Florian fight can save the day!!!

Penn is an amazing fighter, Florian didn't have a chance and he is a hell of a fighter. Poor Griffin just got embarrased big time. I can't believe that he ran away after the fight, doesn't seem like something he would do. I bet he is not in a very good state of mind today after that loss.

I felt really bad for Forrest; he got humiliated. I really don't know who is going to stop Silva in the Middle or Light Heavy divisions right now. He is a league above everyone else in the federation it seems. Maybe Lyoto Machita? I think GSP would be a good fight for him, but someone would need to change weight classes again for that to happen.
JK

There really seem to be a few "elite" fighters out there that are a notch above everyone else: GSP, Silva, Penn... Then a bunch at the next level. I've been doing ju-jitsu, karate and wrestling for 30 years and am amazed at some of the artists out there now.

I've been a MMA fighter for about 5 years up until a few years ago. I've never seen someone get beating like Forrest got, he is my favorite fighter and I feel bad for him I wonder what happened. I knew Penn would come out the victor I just hoped that Florian did something crazy and came out winning. This is the only PPV I've purchased and I was extremely disappointed with the fights. I'll have to debate about doing it again, I could have waited to see those fights for sure!!!

I've heard that Forrest jaw was broken. After watching a replay of the fight, it almost looks like he gets it broken when he goes down the first time. He sort of puts his hand up and it just looks odd. Then he gets blasted two or three time "on the button", before Silva extends his hand to help him up. The finishing punch did not look anymore vicious than the others, but Forrest looked hurt, not dazed or out of it, but hurt.

If that was the case and Forrest got his jaw broken early, he showed a lot of heart in trying to fight on. For what its worth, Silva out classed him and knew it.

Griffin is still my favorite fighter... UFC 101 makes me feel sick :( I was looking forward to it for so long, but I didn't see any real exhibition of skill like UFC 98 or 99. Oh well, UFC 100 was a flop and so was 101, but 102 looks like a great set! I always like watching Jardine and Couture.

I've heard that Forrest jaw was broken. After watching a replay of the fight, it almost looks like he gets it broken when he goes down the first time. He sort of puts his hand up and it just looks odd. Then he gets blasted two or three time "on the button", before Silva extends his hand to help him up. The finishing punch did not look anymore vicious than the others, but Forrest looked hurt, not dazed or out of it, but hurt.

If that was the case and Forrest got his jaw broken early, he showed a lot of heart in trying to fight on. For what its worth, Silva out classed him and knew it.

True, and if anyone knows the difference between pain and injury I should think it is Forrest. He will fight through pain, and has proven that, but with an injury you need to be more careful.

note to self...Don't mess with DavidRat. :0

Knowing what I know about hand to hand combat, and knowing you never know who can take you out, I'd always rather share a beer and a smoke. I prefer all my conflicts have a referee and timekeeper!