• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Update on MD Cigar Shipment Ban

beparrish

Well, it looks like we might be making some progress.

Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot has reiterated that he did not intend recently passed legislation banning cigar shipments to apply to high-end cigars, and he has asked General Assembly leaders for permission to not enforce the law with regard to those products.

Link to Article

Let's hope common sense prevails !

I find it amazing these States always have these high sin taxes on products, and when they do not receive revenue somehow try to outlaw this and that. rather than not enforcing the law like the article says, enforce it or change the law. whether I agree with it or not is a different story, but don;t skirt the law

Maryland still has communist gun laws, though. I'd stick with PA.

I don't have an article to link to yet, but the MD State Comptroller's office has just announce that they will not be enforcing the ban on cigars to MD citizens. This is possibly only temporary, in order to give the legislature an opportunity to right this wrong during the fall session.

I'll continue to be on my representatives to prevent another ban or require out-of-state vendors to collect taxes. If you live in MD, you need to do the same !!

So, start ordering those cigars !!! :)