• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Upmann #2

oak

Let it burn...
(Bear with me - this is my first review. Although I've been smoking for a while, I'm just reaching the point where I'm starting to figure out what I like and have an opinion.)

Just had an H.Upmann #2 (ISOM variety) earlier tonight - the first out of a relatively recently purchased box. This was a great smoke, immediately one of my favorites. It's a 52 x 6.5" torpedo, and well put together - though 1 or 2 of them look less than stellar as far as construction goes.

Burned even, and had a very nice draw - lots of smoke with little effort and almost a little loose - but not quite. Very easy on the palate and tasty, but hard to pin down what was going on - I'd probably say it was leathery with some slight sweetness and coffee undertones. I'd definitely call this a medium-body smoke, towards the mild side of medium - not as strong or full as expected.

Interestingly, these sticks are particularly pungent in terms of the scent before I lit up (smelled like concentrated cow poo smeared on a tree when the box opened) - but the smell of the smoke was very light and almost sweet (my wife even commented on how she liked the smell).

The taste changed significantly once about 2/3rds of the stick was gone, and became too harsh and hot for me (earlier than expected). I'll probably use a smaller cut on my next one (I tend to overcut torpedos a bit) and slow down a bit, as I was probably burning it up too much/quick.

Overall - a big thumb's up - one of my favorites (at least for now). I'm glad I bought a box, and am looking forward to seeing how these change over the next few years after I get some age on them.

Cheers,

- Oak