• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UPS vs PO

I had a problem with USPS only 1 time when I purchased CD from... Honolulu.
It took 2,5 month to arrive Poland :D

OK I have to ask or it will bother me all day. What CD was worth a 2 and a half month wait?

Fish
I didnt know it will take 2,5 month, I was sure it will be standard 1 week. :)

But yes, it was worth, "Animals On Wheels - Designs And Mistakes" is really cool cd! :cool:

At my old job I used to receive some of the daily shipments. Of all the carriers we received from we had the most problems with UPS. Almost without fail, one of the boxes would be damaged, crushed, or have a gaping hole in the side. When you're ordering pieces that retail for thousands of dollars, it's not good when the box looks like it was stomped on and thrown. Not to say that didn't happen with the other carriers, just predominantly with UPS.

And don't get me wrong, our delivery guy was a very nice guy. However, he's not the one loading the truck.

For me it is cost plain and simple.

USPS- one pound package sent from me to Burnt Tongue- $4.05 delivery time of 3-5 days.

UPS- Same package sent ground would take 10+ days and cost $7.95. To match the speed of the USPS I would have to go with UPS 2nd day air service which would cost me $14 minimum.

I can ship via Fedx for real cheap using my airline benefits, but shipments sent to me would cost full fare.

USPS is the best bang for the buck up here. Just don't send anything Parcel Post up here, it takes 6 weeks to get from the lesser 48 to Alaska.

USPS priority shipping is dirt cheap. The DC# proves you sent it out. If you want proof of receipt, just add insurance to it. It's cheaper than sending registered. 2-3 days, anywhere in the country.

UPS is more expensive than USPS. Their ground shipping can easily take 7 days to cross the country, or longer. Their tracking is only marginally helpful to me. It says the scheduled arrival date - that is nice. It doesn't say arrival time (kinda important when the package needs to be signed for). My UPS guy arrives anywhere from 9am to 7:30pm, which means I have to arrange to be at the shipping location for an entire freakin' day when I'm expecting something important that needs to be signed for (I know the immediate thought is to consider sending to work address, but that is not feasible. Even if it was, I'd still get stuck waiting beyond my work hours).

FED EX is the most expensive, but just as fast as USPS priority, if not faster. They give arrival tracking down to the minute. I only have to arrange to be at my shipping location for a one hour window. 90% of the time, they arrive within a +/- 5 minute window of when they said they would. They're by far the best to me.

UPS and FedEx are horrid near me - both have trouble finding my house, and UPS has a problem not destroying packages (one house on the block is mis-numbered, and they only hire idiots who can't be bothered to look more than one house in either direction, or at the big numbers on the fronts of the houses, so I have to be home and catch them trying to deliver to the wrong house if I ever want to see my package because the house they deliver too has a habit of keeping what's not theirs)

Never had any problems with USPS, although it would be nice if they offered package tracking (They DO NOT have any tracking as most people still seen to think - Delivery Confirmation is, oddly enough, exactly what is says and nothing more)

I would choose usps based on my postman. The damn UPS guys ruined a good portion of new sod when they drove across my new lawn, and of course when I called them on it they just stood there with dumb looks on their faces and drove away.

My mailman is great and always goes above and beyond!

I would choose usps based on my postman. The damn UPS guys ruined a good portion of new sod when they drove across my new lawn, and of course when I called them on it they just stood there with dumb looks on their faces and drove away.

My mailman is great and always goes above and beyond!
ah, i would call ups cooporate and get your sod replaced on their dime Andy.

Well, UPS is at it again! My damn humidor is on the way, via UPS and was scheduled for delivery yesterday. It was already late because cheaphumidors dropped the ball in getting it out when they said they would. So it was out for delivery yesterday morning at 7:31. It never showed up. Then today there's a note on the tracking system saying "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL". Uh, yeah, it snowed about 3 inches yesterday. We live in fricken Minnesota! That isn't anywhere even close to emergency conditions. So now it says it was out for delivery again, at 2:17 in the morning, and hasn't shown up yet.

What really gets me is that I must be the last person, or damn close to last in this guy's delivery route. So when there's emergency conditions beyond their control and he can't finish his route guess who gets screwed. But then the next day he starts again from the beginning, so if he's delayed again guess what? I don't get my package. And I have to pay extra for something to be shipped to me because I'm a "rural delivery". Total BS.

Well, UPS is at it again! My damn humidor is on the way, via UPS and was scheduled for delivery yesterday. It was already late because cheaphumidors dropped the ball in getting it out when they said they would. So it was out for delivery yesterday morning at 7:31. It never showed up. Then today there's a note on the tracking system saying "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL". Uh, yeah, it snowed about 3 inches yesterday. We live in fricken Minnesota! That isn't anywhere even close to emergency conditions. So now it says it was out for delivery again, at 2:17 in the morning, and hasn't shown up yet.

What really gets me is that I must be the last person, or damn close to last in this guy's delivery route. So when there's emergency conditions beyond their control and he can't finish his route guess who gets screwed. But then the next day he starts again from the beginning, so if he's delayed again guess what? I don't get my package. And I have to pay extra for something to be shipped to me because I'm a "rural delivery". Total BS.

You're a rural delivery?!

I'm way out and I'm not considered a rural delivery. I'm not all that familiar with your area, but that seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Apparently 3 inches of snow DOES constitute an emergency these days. Enough people seem to have forgotten how to drive that ANY adverse conditions cause mayhem on the highways. :angry:

Sorry to hear of all your problems with this humidor. Maybe somebody, somewhere, is trying to tell you something? ??? ???

By far the best shipper that i've dealt with so far is DHL. never had a problem receiving or sending out any items with them, and a lot of the things that I have shipped are fragile (guitars, cigars ect.). The others?......I've had so so luck with, but DHL so far has been great.

USPS delivery time: 3:30-4:30
-Girlfriend still at work
UPS delivery time: 5:15-6:30
-Girlfriend at home and nosy about what's in the box- AGAIN

USPS-1 UPS-0

Game, set, match

Ditto, except replace girlfriend with wife!! :D

I'm way out and I'm not considered a rural delivery. I'm not all that familiar with your area, but that seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Apparently 3 inches of snow DOES constitute an emergency these days. Enough people seem to have forgotten how to drive that ANY adverse conditions cause mayhem on the highways. :angry:

Sorry to hear of all your problems with this humidor. Maybe somebody, somewhere, is trying to tell you something? ??? ???

Every year it seems more and more people in Minnesota have suffered brain injuries similar to the one Drew Barrymore received in the movie 50 First Dates . Every winter is a completely new experience to them. :angry:

As far as shipping carriers go I prefer USPS. My mail carriers always ring my doorbell and if I don't answer they leave a message that they will redeliver or I can pick up the package the next day. UPS plays "ding dong ditch". They ring the bell drop the package on the porch (not a good idea in my neighborhood) and make a mad dash for the truck. Most times by the time I answer the door the UPS guy is already in his truck.

Every year it seems more and more people in Minnesota have suffered brain injuries similar to the one Drew Barrymore received in the movie 50 First Dates . Every winter is a completely new experience to them. :angry:

As far as shipping carriers go I prefer USPS. My mail carriers always ring my doorbell and if I don't answer they leave a message that they will redeliver or I can pick up the package the next day. UPS plays "ding dong ditch". They ring the bell drop the package on the porch (not a good idea in my neighborhood) and make a mad dash for the truck. Most times by the time I answer the door the UPS guy is already in his truck.

I've noticed that about UPS in the past also.