• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Use the cedar in the tube to light the cigar

yomamar6

Just wondering how common it is to use the cedar in the tube to light the cigar. I'm fairly new to this but I've been doing it with my cigars that are in tubes.

This will be my first time so here it goes:

"Regardless of how you light it, you'll get a better result if you take it out of the tube first."

Now let the "How does leaving the cello on make it taste" comments...

Actually though I'm curious about this too, I've done the same thing from time to time (though I take the cigar out of the tube first :D ). I've always assumed that the cedar with the cigar was fine for using as a spill and lighting.

Mike

Edit : For clarity.

I tried that one time. It just wasn't for me...I mean if that's how you like to do it, then by all means, do it. I just thought it was a little too bothersome to add an extra step in lighting the cigar(Light the matches/lighter, light the cedar, then light the cigar).

I've tried it a few times and, in my experience, the cedar is too thin and burns too quickly to effectively light a cigar. That said, if it works for you then, by all means, do it.

I've tried it a few times and, in my experience, the cedar is too thin and burns too quickly to effectively light a cigar. That said, if it works for you then, by all means, do it.

Yeah, you have to fold it up and layer it to make it burn very long.

I've done it, but I don't have the patience to do it regularly.

Why do that unless you lack a good lighter or wooden matches...you had to light the cedar with something...but I guess if thats your thing...go for it! Never tried it myself...

~ t

There's no reason to fold cedar up and light your cigar. We've got triple refined butane these days which means our lighter fluid doesn't smell awful and we don't have to resort to burning cedar. I think?

-Mark

Ive done it a few times, doesn't make much difference, but girl seems to enjoy it more...but then again, she takes my lighter and lights the table on fire so....

I thought you were supposed to leave the cedar on the cigar when you smoke it?

Tony, you don't know what you're missing bro! It imparts a great flavor and smell!

I noticed you doing this a couple of times at the herf, but dismissed it as some strange habit only for fans of winning football teams :(

Tony, you don't know what you're missing bro! It imparts a great flavor and smell!

I noticed you doing this a couple of times at the herf, but dismissed it as some strange habit only for fans of winning football teams :(

Those were ganja sticks ;) They too impart a smell and a strong desire to eat cookies ???

I've done it a few times, but stopped after having an experience where the cedar flavor left an almost 'burned' feeling at the back of my throat.

I take full advantage of this whenever possible and if it's allowed in the establishment. The smell and flavor of the cedar make a great addition to the beginning of any cigar. Also, I have found that the flame from a cedar stick is extremely soft and never overly chars the cigar. This may not be for everyone, but I surely enjoy this method of lighting my sticks any time I can. Also, if you do find that you like this method you can use the cedar from empty cigar boxes. Usually these are a little thicker, will burn slower instead of like paper and are LOADED with flavor. JMHO

Mike