• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS Horror Stories:

Australia Post is pretty effective, just a tad expensive. The only time you will hear me complaining about a package is if Customs detect the sweet smell of premium smokes. If that happens, I will usually pay for my order again in Customs Duty... bastards.

Australia Post is pretty effective, just a tad expensive. The only time you will hear me complaining about a package is if Customs detect the sweet smell of premium smokes. If that happens, I will usually pay for my order again in Customs Duty... bastards.

Ha HA.
Mate. Last financial year I paid Au$1140.00 to Aussie customs and excise. Had seven... yes thats SEVEN packages lost. And one package delayed for (how long was it Moki) 4 weeks?, because they mixed up the senders address with the receivers address.(That one turned up at least). :sign:

Ha HA.
Mate. Last financial year I paid Au$1140.00 to Aussie customs and excise. Had seven... yes thats SEVEN packages lost. And one package delayed for (how long was it Moki) 4 weeks?, because they mixed up the senders address with the receivers address.(That one turned up at least). :sign:

I sent a sizeable package to this man here, Dave (Anvil). I PACKED it full of mixed premiums. I even went out and got some that he would have a hard time getting being in Aussie and figured since it was so difficult and expensive for him, that I would make it worth his while. I put a lot of thought into this package. I triple wrapped it in bubble, plastic and foil and even tucked in a humipak for the long trip to Aussie. I waited at the PO for 45 min. I paid 28$ to ship it there. Here we are, 6 months later and he STILL has not seen the package. Dave, my inventory has been rather low this year. When I have the wherewithal again, I will be sending you a nice bomb to make up for that. I have not forgotten.

Moral of the story, KEEP your customs slip because USPS CAN track the package that way even though they say they cannot. I learned that after the fact.

EDIT TO ADD: I also wrote on the customs slip the Contents: cigars. I won't be doing that again.

Had a box from my good friend in Alaska show up looking like this:

Sissy_smash.jpg

...the good news is that the contents were unscathed. Whew..!! Dodged a bullet there, to be sure.

How about this Hell! Of course I don't know who did it but USPS did deliver this to the wrong place!
I have to hand this to Dave though, I sent him two packages that never got to him!

Damn I knew Brad was going to either post that picture or link it as he did.

That poor broken bottle and the box of Padróns eaten by beetles picture never fail to give me shivers.

Ha HA.

I sent a sizeable package to this man here, Dave (Anvil). I PACKED it full of mixed premiums. I even went out and got some that he would have a hard time getting being in Aussie and figured since it was so difficult and expensive for him, that I would make it worth his while. I put a lot of thought into this package. I triple wrapped it in bubble, plastic and foil and even tucked in a humipak for the long trip to Aussie. I waited at the PO for 45 min. I paid 28$ to ship it there. Here we are, 6 months later and he STILL has not seen the package. Dave, my inventory has been rather low this year. When I have the wherewithal again, I will be sending you a nice bomb to make up for that. I have not forgotten.

Moral of the story, KEEP your customs slip because USPS CAN track the package that way even though they say they cannot. I learned that after the fact.

EDIT TO ADD: I also wrote on the customs slip the Contents: cigars. I won't be doing that again.

You are too kind bro.

How about this Hell! Of course I don't know who did it but USPS did deliver this to the wrong place!
I have to hand this to Dave though, I sent him two packages that never got to him!

That still hurts bro. Even 12 months later.

I just don't get it. It don't matter how much I harass the postal service, nobody is held responsible. In my job, if I stuff up I get a telling off.....So what life goes on, the next day its forgotten. Why cant anyone from the postal service take responsibility for stuffing up.

Boy, your Post Office sucks!. My worst experience was when they ( Murrietta, CA P.O) decided to keep my pass in their possesion for 10 days without even notifying you they had it there. Damn near caused me a heart attack.

Just think of all of the PO employees that are sitting back in their recliners at home sucking on our tasting sticks while listening to Barry Manilow! Bastids!