• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS lost package

Gator

I sent my end of a trade out Monday, and the dc # says it was delivered yesterday, but the reciever hasn't seen it. Anyone have any experience w/ this situation, ie. what can i expect from USPS, i guessing jack squat. I don't think i bought insurance, but i listed the value, do i still have a claim? Any advice?

The receiver should contact their delivery person to see if they have any specific information about that pacage. I have had 2 packages say delivered, but show up the following day. No insurance, no claim - but it's doubtful you would get anything back even if you had purchased insurance.

Go online and look up the history then contact the other end to verify addy

Yeah...
I had some trouble sending melski a package a few months back! It ended up taking a month to arrive, but it finally got there.

The receiver should contact their delivery person to see if they have any specific information about that pacage. I have had 2 packages say delivered, but show up the following day. No insurance, no claim - but it's doubtful you would get anything back even if you had purchased insurance.

I have had the same experience with USPS. They said delivered and they actually came a week later. They may still show up. Good luck.

Go online and look up the history then contact the other end to verify addy

did that. The package said delivered yesterday, but wasn't there today either. I have my fingers crossed that it shows up tomorrow, it's roughly $225 worth of sticks :(

I had a package which showed up as not having left the vendor. For two weeks I traced it and it never moved.
Then I got a letter from my local post office saying FINAL DEMAND for pick up.
Picked the parcel up and found that the web site for USPS was still saying parcel had not left vendor.
Not good really when you think that the track and trace is my only way of knowing if the vendor has actually sent parcel........

Out of all the packages I have sent out, one package did that, then about a week later it was returned to me.

Try not to forget, gentlemen, that the USPS strives for an 80% success rate. Yup, that's right, they expect to fail 20% of the time. If I had a 20% failure rate, I would have been declared an enemy combatant.

Doc.

Try not to forget, gentlemen, that the USPS strives for an 80% success rate. Yup, that's right, they expect to fail 20% of the time. If I had a 20% failure rate, I would have been declared an enemy combatant.

Doc.

:laugh:

Funny, but just last night an episode of Seinfeld was on where Jerry is covering Newman's postal route (Newman was injured...bit by Kramer I believe), in the hopes that he can get Newman promoted and leave town. Newman gets a call..."they know it wasn't me delivering mail...over 80% of people got their mail...in the history of the post office, no one has ever cracked 50%..."

I had a package with issues this last week. It was scanned as "received". Basically, it was routed wrong and needed to be put on the right path. USPS said in these cases misplaced packages are not always scanned. It was delivered around 5-6 days late.

Gator, go into your local PO and give them the DC#. They can track the package a lot closer than the info provided on the website. You will get a lot more information on the package, and can file a claim at that time if nothing can be done.

Quade

I've had packages marked as delivered but not arriving until a day or two, i believe the truck driver just did'nt get to them for a while and drove around with them in the back until he could get to them. ;)

This has happened 3-4 times to packages going to my office (on of which was the FNG pass... that freaked me out.)

I found the trick is to call your local PO and talk to the higher-ups there.
They will put the spurs to your carrier and everything has always worked out within a coupel of days after I called.

Be pleasent on the phone w/ them and they'll hopefully take care of you...

My limit on shipping with usps is about $50 bucks in most cases. I personally think they are awful, but cheap. UPS or FedEx have great customer service and can trace packages whereas with USPS you get an automated answering service, however if you hit enough buttons and wait long enough, someone will come online and can tell you specifically where your package is. You might give that a whirl, I know it took forever to finaly get someone.

The person also had another package that didn't show up that shows the same received info as my package. Sounds like USPS has 2 packages lost in the system. Their automated system is a nightmare, but i was told press 5, then 5, and you'll get a real person. Maybe i need to start shipping UPS?

yeah, i had two packages lost, two real important ones too...usps is saying they were delivered...i'm hoping they show up eventually.

And this is why I use DHL for all of my shipping needs.

Much better than USPS for delivery time (point A to point B)

Incredibly accurate with their online delivery status.

My limit on shipping with usps is about $50 bucks in most cases. I personally think they are awful, but cheap. UPS or FedEx have great customer service and can trace packages whereas with USPS you get an automated answering service, however if you hit enough buttons and wait long enough, someone will come online and can tell you specifically where your package is. You might give that a whirl, I know it took forever to finaly get someone.

You make a very good point Shane.

We send out sticks that cost $200 but only want to spend $4.00 on shipping. If you spend that in a restaurant the server will get 15% tip.

I'm who Gator is talking about BTW, we did a trade and thankfully my end got to him. Here's the deal though - I am an online buyer, I have never had a package go missing. In fact, I have
never had a personal package I have shipped go missing. However, we ship (my business) in excess of 200 packages a day, 75% with USPS - we re-ship in excess of 30 packages a month
(at the very least). So statistically this is going to happen. When you ship out an order, the onus is on you as the shipper to ensure that it gets there. If the customer says it did not arrive, you
cannot argue, they are always right.

What are the odds that I would lose 2 in coming packages at the same time, just crazy.

The moral of the story, I will not personally ship out cigars with a value of more than say $100 with USPS again.

Brian

Yeah it sucks back in January here in jax fl. I had 3 packages deliverd on the same day from 3 differnt cigar orders they were all stolen off my door step. It was well over 1400 bucks in sticks. I called the police they had 30 plus calls that day someone was following the ups man. Longstory short I got more sticks from the vendors but had to wait 3 weeks to get reemberised for the first protion of the money.