• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Utah hurtin' 'Bama

I just think the BCS is a very poor system. USC gets shafted because the PAC 10 is deemed to be a week conference yet PAC 10 went 5-0 in bowl games. Utah is the only undefeated div1 team in the country. Imho either of these two teams will have as much claim to #1 as Florida or Oklahoma. I guess I would either prefer a real playoff system, or go back to the way it was prior to the BCS.

USC didn't get shafted...they lost to Oregon St. and the rest of the schedule was unremarkable. Florida lost by 1 point (a missed extra point) to Ole Miss who pulled off an eye-opening win against Texas Tech today. The PAC 10 was underrated this year due to getting their butts kicked by out of conference teams. They were underrated when placed into bowl games and showed that they weren't as bad as anyone thought. Utah pulled off a great win against an Alabama team today....one that played without any heart. They had nothing to prove and everything to lose. That and the fact that they were down their best offensive lineman really spelled disaster.

I agree that a playoff system is necessary, but under the current system I don't think that there is any way that you can give a #1 to USC after losing to Oregon St. who barely managed a 3-0 win against Pitt in the Sun Bowl. Utah is a great team, but if you play in the Sugar Bowl...you aren't #1...period.

I guess I am way too close to my boys to "appreciate" those comments..or maybe I missed em altogether.
Roll Tide! Always and forever! They suck, ya love em, they win, ya love em, you do that for any team. Go Alabama Drown Em Tide!

Melly *pout*

I think Bama is still sore from the SEC Championship. They are probably offended and stinging that they had to face a team like Utah, instead of, say Ohio State. Regardless, Utah is taking advantage. They better get their head out of their ass soon, or they will be too far behind to make a stand.

I agree with this premise. Alabama has nothing to play for, while Utah has everything to prove. This isn't the first time a scenario like this has occurred (Boise St. - OU) and it won't be the last.

That, and John Parker Wilson is a terrible QB.

I hate John Parker :(

Utah absolutely owned Alabama.

Those mormons just rolled the hell out of that tide and made them their bitches.

Must be an embarrassing day for Alabama fans.

Nah just another day....I'll be a "Bammer" tomorrow...Saban will get another QB for next year! LOL

You really have to put a lot of the Bama loss on the O-Line....you cant play 2 starting players in their regular positions and have any hope of getting good protection. The QB play wasnt what it needed to be, but the protection amplified the issues.

So is Saban going to be coaching in Detroit, Denver, or New York next year? :whistling:

I don't know if Utah should be National Champs, but I was most impressed with their team. I don't know if they would have faired as well against Florida, Oklahoma, or Texas. They were well prepared and Alabama was not ready.

I will also mention that Alabama got hosed on a pass interference in the end zone that wasn't called (who knows how that could have affected the outcome). The few bowl games that I have been able to watch have had some terrible officiating.

Just another example of how the BCS is flawed and the need for a playoff system IMHO.

Ken

So is Saban going to be coaching in Detroit, Denver, or New York next year? :whistling:

Saban won't be going anywhere. Trust me. What he did in 2 years at that school was nothing short of amazing. No one thought Alabama would go undefeated regular season. They did. They DID play a good game against Florida. As for that game last night, they simply were not ready and our QB just didn't seem to give a shyte. That's alright. We already have some of the top recruits in the nation coming...so til August, I will just wait.

Melly

Saban won't be going anywhere. Trust me. What he did in 2 years at that school was nothing short of amazing. No one thought Alabama would go undefeated regular season. They did. They DID play a good game against Florida. As for that game last night, they simply were not ready and our QB just didn't seem to give a shyte. That's alright. We already have some of the top recruits in the nation coming...so til August, I will just wait.

Melly
As a lifelong Tennessee fan, I detest Alabama (as any fan of an SEC school should feel about a conference rival). That said, I was not at all upset when they signed Saban as their coach, and that was being fully confident of the fact that Alabama would be a better team because of it. Guys like Saban don't stick around anywhere for very long (see: Petrino, Bobby or Brown, Larry). Great coaches with no loyalty eventually get bored and move where the money takes them.

Rivalries are made that much better when both teams are good. For that reason I hope Saban sticks around, but I wouldn't hang my hat on it.