• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro, April, 2000 box code.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on these cigars and WOW, these have to be one of my all time favorite Havana Prominentes (Double Corona). This cigar is 7 5/8” x 49, it’s a BIG BOY and you guys must know by now that I love the big ones!!

Appearance: These cigars are “rough” looking as compared to the other more popular Havana Prominentes. The wrapper was ever so slightly oily and the cigar smelled great.
Construction: was very good. They may look a little funny with the “rough” looking wrapper but the construction is top quality. The triple cap was perfect.
Draw: The draw was just as I expected it to be, a typical Havana draw, not too loose and just ever so slightly tight which for me is perfect.
Taste: The taste of the wrapper was very pleasant as was the taste of the smoke. The smoke is very heavy but not overpowering. This is a STRONG, FULL BODIED cigar, probably one of the strongest Havanas out there but don’t let this fool you, I really did not find it that much stronger than a Montecristo #2. Many people will warn those new to Havanas to avoid Vegas Robainas but I think as long as you don’t smoke one of these on an empty stomach, you’ll be fine. Oh, the taste was also virtually identical to a VR Famosos I had smoked last week. The Famosos is 5” x 48 so you Partagas SD4 and RASS fans TAKE NOTE, try a VR Famosos, I think you will not be disappointed.
Aroma: This cigar had a wonderful aroma, again not too overpowering but you were certainly aware of the smoke and smell.
Burn: The cigar burned very evenly and nice and cool. This is the main reason I prefer large ring cigars, for me (since I tend to puff more than average) they burn cooler than a corona or a petit corona.
Finish: Yeah well what ever “finish” is, it tasted great all the way to the very end.

Okay, if you want a CA rating number on a scale of 1 to 100:

I agree with Bill. This is a great BIG smoke! A lot of flavor. I definitely agree with that rating!! I have about 6 in my humi!:love: