• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VENTING! Any Ebayers?

FunkyCold5

Whaddup!!!!!
So I purchased this coin last week. Paid promptly and all. I received the coin today and noticed there was significant toning and a black-like dirt on the back. It's graded by NGC, but the coin was nothing I expected. The seller didn't really give any description on the coin other than it's rare. There were 2 images, but the images didn't show the toning or the dirt. My collection is nice clean coins graded by NGC MS-66, so I'm very specific on what I want in my collection.

He has a 3-day return policy, so I spent $50 to overnight the thing so he gets it tomorrow morning, but I emailed him this afternoon to tell him I wasn't satisfied and would want a refund and would be sending it overnight. I just got an email from him, and he said he would not give me a refund and if I send him the coin, he will assume it was a gift and will keep it. So, I will be out a coin and money. Is this right? His arguement was that I knew what I was getting into and since he didn't imply there was significant toning, I can't return the coin.

I'm kinda pissed right now. With all this work stuff happening, and me having to relocate, I don't need this. It's $900 we are talking about here, so it's significant. Why post 3-day return policy and not adhere to it?

I haven't given him a rating on his Ebay yet, I'm willing to wait until he corrects this. He currently has 100% postive rating, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I've already put a claim through PayPal.

I'm leaving for Atlantic City tomorrow morning, definitely don't want this hanging over my head at the poker table.

Andrew

Damn bro, sorry to hear this!!! Hopefully everything resolves itself in a way that is positive for you both man! And at least you put in the claim already, so in the event things don't work out right away, at least you protected yourself a bit too!!

Don

Yeah, I felt pretty good dealing with this guy. 100% feedback, has a return policy, good communication, but then suddenly things change when you actually want to return the item. I'm out $100 already from the shipping and insuance and now the FedEx overnight to adhere to the 3 day policy. If I'm willing to shell out $100 bucks to return something, then that really means I'm not satisfied. If the toning wasn't as bad as it is, I wouldn't mind using it as a filler until I find a cleaner coin, but that's not the case. Oh well, goes to show you, BUYER BEWARE when it comes to ANYTHING!

If the box has not been delivered you can probably stop the delivery and get it rerouted back to you. It won't help with the refund issue but atleast the guy does not have $900.00 and the coin.

If the expired auction still shows the return policy I'd print it before it goes away. Might help with paypal.

If you paid with your cc, you might also want to file a dispute with them as well.

If the box has not been delivered you can probably stop the delivery and get it rerouted back to you. It won't help with the refund issue but atleast the guy does not have $900.00 and the coin.

If the expired auction still shows the return policy I'd print it before it goes away. Might help with paypal.

Definitely recommend this route if that's possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he just kept it and you never hear from him again. Hopefully pp comes through for you but in my past experiences, they're pretty slow. If you paid with a credit card through pp, that might be a quicker route. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Hope it gets resolved quick.

The package left at 8pm. But, I'm not going to bother trying to reroute the package. It's not right for someone to have a return policy and not adhere to it. I have a tracking number and I told Paypal and put the tracking number in the claim. So, it only helps my case when they see me send the item back to the seller within 3 days and the seller has it and the money. The thing is, the guy doesn't lose money, just his time. I'm the one losing any way this ends.

I'm going to wait until the end of the weekend and see how the seller responds to the claim. I figure, I can contact my CC anytime, since it's already been a week since I paid it, what's 3 more days? Definitely nice to vent though. You guys are good listeners/readers. LOL!

A scathing neg would be good too. Sometimes the threat of that is enough.

You could try using squaretrade to rectify the situation. 100% feedback or not, sometimes people are not upstanding. I have 100% feedback as well, and I still get screwed over by buyers sometimes. Ebay has gone way downhill in my opinion in the last few months. :(

welcome tpc your avatar is pretty famous as someone elses may want to reconsider useing it.

I'm going to wait until the end of the weekend and see how the seller responds to the claim. I figure, I can contact my CC anytime, since it's already been a week since I paid it, what's 3 more days? Definitely nice to vent though. You guys are good listeners/readers. LOL!

Go to the site map and get his user information and give him a phone call. It's best to use direct communication in these situations.
If he posts a return policy he has to adhere to it. Contact ebay too, you can file a claim with them. However you have to show you have tried direct communication first.
Mark AKA mrtapes ebay user and seller since 1999

eBay has gone down-hill for sure. Even eBay recognizes it. Unless the seller has well over 100 sales, it is a gamble if he will come through.
Too many crooks on that site. Just a couple a months ago, I was ripped off. The seller never sent the item. :angry:

My brother spent $400 for an item that was never sent. P-yp-l only gave 100 or so back, I forget the details.
Good luck.

Thanks for reminding me to keep the amount to spend on an item via eBay low.

welcome tpc your avatar is pretty famous as someone elses may want to reconsider useing it.

Wow.... that's crazy. I thought it was Bill(CC). I didn't even look at the name, just the avatar. Yeah tpc, you might want to think about that.

Sorry for threadjacking Andrew..... I wish I could offer some advice but I don't really have much experience with Ebay. That really does suck man. I know it'll be difficult, but try to put it out of your mind for the weekend and enjoy yourself in AC. A person I respect once told me that a characteristic of many successful individuals is to be able to completely put out of your mind a problem that you cannot reslove at that particular time, until the time when you can work on it's resolution. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it while your at the poker table, so don't even think about it. I explained that to my boss who's the VP of my company.... he says it's helped him tremendously. I hope it all works out for you bro...... and I hope you break Trump's pockets! :thumbs:

Stop payment on the CC, or PP has a stop payment type dealio also.

File a claim with eBay. That usually works well. Send them the email from the seller regarding the "gift".

He will back down. Usually the possibility of losing their sales venue (eBay) will get them to back down.

Screaming negative immediately will get his attention. Other posters will see that. Less PC, but so was his statement.

Changed it. All set now. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Thats MY kitten, lol and his name is Gizmo, incase anyone wanted to know. Sorry for the thread jack. I hope you get this rectified from ebay though. I've had pretty good luck until recently. I've even sold a '69 delta 88 convertible on ebay with no issues.

Kinda gotten away from coin buying of late, but moved to Heritage and others quite awhile ago for anything but bullion purchases, as ebay involved too many potential headaches.

I've since canceled my ebay account (and PP as well), as their tobacco and firearms policies irk me. Certainly their right to do business as they wish, as it it is mine not to support them.

Hope you can get the seller to make things right...

I haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that. Relocation is the suck!!! Finally bought a house in WV though, but not closing until June 2nd, so gonna be doing Temporary Housing for a month. Anways.........

Got an email from paypal, and I'm getting a full refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I'm sooooooo siked right now. I'm not going to do Ebay for a while, BUT definitely happy with paypal. NOW, if there was only a box of Opus X I can buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrgghhh life is soo hard.

Andrew

Glad to hear that you got a refund Andrew! Congrats!!

Jim