• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very Disappointed Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Maduro

countikon

Reaction score
Last night I decided to give this cigar a shot. I went to my local B&M to pick one up. It was not a good expirience. The only thing that was good about the whole expirience was the new scotch that I bought. It is a Speyburn 10 yo Single Malt Highland scotch. Very good. Definately worth a try. The price tag was also nice at $20 bucks.

1. The Look: It looked good. It was a bit on the veiny side. Had a nice look to it.

2. The Clip: This is where it started to become disappointing. After cliped, it started to unravel quite a bit. I had to constantly deal with keeping it together at the end.

3. The Light: It tasted good at the light but nothing to really knock my socks off. Lots of spice.

4. The Draw: It had a good draw. Was able to pull smoke easily. However, even after 30 seconds I had to take a large draw to keep it smoking.

5. 1st 1/3: Still lots of spice. Uneven burn was a huge problem. I had lots of trouble keeping it going. I have never had this problem before.

6. 2nd 1/3: Still could not keep it going. The burn has gotten even worse. Lots of spice still here.

7. Last 1/3: Didn't even get this far. Number 1 I didn't enjoy the amount of spice in this cigar. It was way too overpowering. Number 2 the burn was so bad that I considered it unsmokeable and unfixable despite numerous attempts to correct it.

I will never smoke one of these again.

sounds like you torched a wet one. Next time, try to give it a week or two in your humi. The more age, the better.

I totally agree with NullSmurf, you picked up an overhumidified cigar. I really enjoy the occasional Fuente Maduro (unless it is a Hemi Maduro, then I will gnaw my own arm off to get to it).

Remember, never say never!

Last night I decided to give this cigar a shot. I went to my local B&M to pick one up. It was not a good experience. The only thing that was good about the whole experience was the new scotch that I bought. It is a Speyburn 10 yo Single Malt Highland scotch. Very good. Definitely worth a try. The price tag was also nice at $20 bucks.

1. The Look: It looked good. It was a bit on the veiny side. Had a nice look to it.

2. The Clip: This is where it started to become disappointing. After clipped, it started to unravel quite a bit. I had to constantly deal with keeping it together at the end.

3. The Light: It tasted good at the light but nothing to really knock my socks off. Lots of spice.

4. The Draw: It had a good draw. Was able to pull smoke easily. However, even after 30 seconds I had to take a large draw to keep it smoking.

5. 1st 1/3: Still lots of spice. Uneven burn was a huge problem. I had lots of trouble keeping it going. I have never had this problem before.

6. 2nd 1/3: Still could not keep it going. The burn has gotten even worse. Lots of spice still here.

7. Last 1/3: Didn't even get this far. Number 1 I didn't enjoy the amount of spice in this cigar. It was way too overpowering. Number 2 the burn was so bad that I considered it unsmokeable and unfixable despite numerous attempts to correct it.

Your local's humi is soaking sopping wet. It wasn't the cigars fault. Every single thing you mentioned including the wrapper unraveling can be attributed to a dripping wet cigar.

You need to talk to them about it or switch to a new B&M.

yeah it sounds like you got a wet one. Take the advice given and let the next one dry out, also you're next Fuente Double Chateau smoke should be a sungrown. You can find them online for around $20 for a fiver. :cool:

yeah it sounds like you got a wet one. Take the advice given and let the next one dry out, also you're next Fuente Double Chateau smoke should be a sungrown. You can find them online for around $20 for a fiver. :cool:

It didn't seem like countikon enjoyed spicyness too much. The sungrowns is waaay more spicier to me!
I love the sungrowns but I don't think it will be up his alley.
Hell, give em a try, they rock!

-Rob

I love the SG's too and for what they cost if he doesn't like them it's not like he will be out a lot of dough over it.

Thanks for all the tips there ya'll. I'll remember that next time. Has anybody tried the scotch I talked about? It's pretty good.

I'm a big fan of the SG double chateau's as well. Never liked the maddie, though.

Last night I decided to give this cigar a shot. I went to my local B&M to pick one up. It was not a good expirience. The only thing that was good about the whole expirience was the new scotch that I bought. It is a Speyburn 10 yo Single Malt Highland scotch. Very good. Definately worth a try. The price tag was also nice at $20 bucks.

2. The Clip: This is where it started to become disappointing. After cliped, it started to unravel quite a bit. I had to constantly deal with keeping it together at the end.

I don't blame you, after that experience, I would never smoke another Fuente either!! ;)

BTW....if you have any you're looking to dispose of, my address is in my profile!! :whistling:

Seriously, those are a pretty good smoke, and, generally, consistent from box to box. Like several others have already mentioned, I would talk the owner/manager of the B&M where you bought it about the rh in their humidor. He might have a problem with his humidifying equipment, as it appears that his stock is being over humidified.