• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very Taxng discussion

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
Tonight I visited a new place close to me http://www.zarkacigarlounge.com/

Nice humi with loads of selection. Possibly the best around in my area.

In order to enjoy a smoke in their lounge you need to be a member. $600 a year
So you lay down 600 of your hard earned bucks and that gives you unlimited access and 10 % off smokes and a free stick of their choice every month.
Can't bring a friend unless he pays 5 bucks.

But you can buy a day membership for 10 bucks.

I had 2 hours to kill so I went with an Ashton VSG Spellbound $18.99 + the 10 for the one day membership

I have one of these in my humi I bought at Casa Fuente in March. Been sitting on it.

This was a great smoke it had very nice signs of aging. Better than the one at home.
All I can say is the name says it all. Great smoke. I was in heaven
Can't wait for the one at home to "mature a little more"

Anyhoooo

The guy and I were talking and he informed me that when I buy from internet companies there is a possible tax issue.
Because I am in California
Did a search but all that came up was posts on the current national tax thing
Guys HELP ME I don't want to go to prison!

Whats the deal
And no I am not an INTERTARD :whistling:

If your state government seizes the purchase records you will be forced to pay back taxes + some on the tobacco purchases you have made. Technically, you're supposed to pay taxes on everything you buy over the net when you do your taxes.

So you lay down 600 of your hard earned bucks and that gives you unlimited access and 10 % off smokes and a free stick of their choice every month.

Is it just me or does this seem silly? They charge you $10 to smoke a cigar you just bought from them at their shop?

Is it just me or does this seem silly? They charge you $10 to smoke a cigar you just bought from them at their shop?

Personally................I'd tell them to go F#@$ themselves!!!!!! Pay that much for a $12 cigar then get charged to smoke it??? :angry: If your gonna get screwed they could at least kiss you first. :laugh:

EDITED TO ADD: What a bunch of elitist scumbags!!!

He was just trying to scare ya. To answer your question yes you are supposed to pay taxes. Do I worry about it? No

I can't tell from the website (not completely functional yet.....the website, not me), but it seems as if this place is a LOUNGE, not really a store with a smoking area (please correct me if I am wrong.) As such, do you have to buy their smoke to hang out? If they force you to buy their smoke and then make you pay to sit and smoke it, that is just silly. If you can bring in your own, I have NO problem with the $10/ day or $600/year. Especially with what they list as the amenities of the "club." Sounds like it might be quite nice.
Of course, reality might be VERY different.

PS-sorry for the minor threadjack, but I am a bit of an intertard sometimes. Wait a minute, didn't someone already coin the term e-tard? If not, I am officially changing intertard to e-tard. Sounds so much better.

Tonight I visited a new place close to me http://www.zarkacigarlounge.com/

Nice humi with loads of selection. Possibly the best around in my area.

I had 2 hours to kill so I went with an Ashton VSG Spellbound $18.99 + the 10 for the one day membership

I have one of these in my humi I bought at Casa Fuente in March. Been sitting on it.

This was a great smoke it had very nice signs of aging. Better than the one at home.
All I can say is the name says it all. Great smoke. I was in heaven
Can't wait for the one at home to "mature a little more"

Anyhoooo

The guy and I were talking and he informed me that when I buy from internet companies there is a possible tax issue.
Because I am in California
Did a search but all that came up was posts on the current national tax thing
Guys HELP ME I don't want to go to prison!

Whats the deal
And no I am not an INTERTARD :whistling:

Search the NET too - ahhhhh...I don't think CP can link to a PFD (www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/14-Y.pdf )<--------CA gov't pdf>

Oh--I think the Nazi Liberal Police in Kalifornia will hunt you down.

Get this--Yesterday I was shopping for paintof all things and it said on the can--"not to be sold in CA"

When will the CA idiots ever stop?

Oh--I think the Nazi Liberal Police in Kalifornia will hunt you down.

Get this--Yesterday I was shopping for paintof all things and it said on the can--"not to be sold in CA"

When will the CA idiots ever stop?

I'm of the opinion that smoking bans are pretty much the stark opposite of the liberalism I believe in.

The private smoking club reminds me of Utah. When I lived in Utah it was illegal to smoke in restaurants and public places so the called them selves “clubs” to be exempt from the law.
It was even bigger then smoking because you could by liquor or beer more the 3.2 except in a “private club” So everytime you wanted to got out and drink you had to buy a “private club membership” just for a Fucking Beer! Damm Mormons! O.K enough ranting.

I have been to the shop mentioned here. Very nice place. It is a private lounge connected to a cigar shop. Has all the fixins too: Leather couches, plasma TVs, theatre screen (with any pay per view you want), free sodas and water, beer and wine served but think you have to pay for that. Pool table, lockers, poker table, free internet access, even flat screens in the restroom!