• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Exclusivo Chiquito

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Viaje Exclusivo Chiquito
Size: 4 3/4" x 51 rg Short Perfecto
Wrapper: Criollo
Binder: Unknown
Filler: Unknown
Strength: Medium

I was recently gifted this cigar by Dave (4cbln3), and to be honest I had no clue what the heck it was, aside from being a Viaje. I had to ask him earlier today what it was so I could write a proper review, as I didn't know anything about it other than what I experienced while smoking it. Turns out this little beaut is only available at two different shops, one of which is Tower Cigars here in California, and packaged in five pack boxes. Production is extremely small, so I guess I better buy a few of these before they go bye bye. :D Thank you Dave for the chance to try something new!

Pre-Light

This great looking little perfecto is very reminiscent of a Fuente short story in terms of shape and size, but that is the extent of the similarities. The wrapper on this cigar is very oily, with a patchwork of veins throughout that broke up the otherwise smooth feel. The perfecto foot looked to be rolled extremely tight, which gave me immediate worries that the draw would be plugged. The cap was well done, with what almost appeared to be a triple seam style. Luckily, when squeezed along its length I found that there were no soft or hard spots, only a nice spring in the tobacco, so hopefully the draw will be decent.

Burn & Draw

Well, once cut my fears of a plugged draw seemed to be realized. I was getting little to no airflow, and I could only hope that once the burn reached the widest part of the bulbous foot it would open up. This luckily was the case, as once the burn passed the tiny nipple tip it opened up to a perfect resistance. Aside from the initial rocky start, the burn from that point on was wavy but self correcting, producing huge clouds of white smoke and a dark gray ash that held strong until let go every inch.

Flavor Profile

The cold draw had a light taste of tobacco on it, and once lit the flavors opened up into a very full array of delightful tastes. I was surprised at the amount of peppery spice this cigar had to it, as I guess the overall appearance didn't suggest such a taste. Along with the pepper I was picking up a good, dark tobacco taste, as well as leather, expresso, and a charred wood. These flavors were blending very well together, and were carried on a smoke that was thick, oily, and coated the palate providing for a very rich, long finish.

Overall Impression

An excellent little smoke that packed a nice punch in the flavor department, despite being a medium strength smoke to me. I've only had a Viaje 50/50 before this cigar, so I was very happy to experience another line in their brand and further develop my impression. I'd love to keep a number of these on hand, hopefully I get a chance to stockpile a few before they are no more. Thank you again Dave for the opportunity! :)

DSC_2360.jpg

DSC_2361.jpg

DSC_2365.jpg

DSC_2368.jpg

DSC_2370.jpg

DSC_2373.jpg

DSC_2379.jpg

Charles, you should probably get some sleep with all these late night review write ups. :laugh:

I've yet to smoke a Viaje, but that is a good looking cigar.

I just smoked one of these and it was a really enjoyable cigar. As Charles said it started off very peppery but eventually settled down to a much smoother earthy flavor. I'm becoming a big fan of the Viaje brand.

Glad you liked it Charles! Mark does offer it in 5'vers and boxes too, unless he sold out of the boxes already.

That little cigar is really great in terms of taste as are all the Viaje's I've had so far. Great review bro' wish I had those taste buds you do!