• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Oro Reserva #5 Box Pressed.

pembroke3355

Banned
VIAJE ORO RESERVA

5.5 X 52 Box Press

Filler: Nicaraguan

Binder: Nicaraguan

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo

Ok first I cannot take pics no camera(I know no pics and it never happened LOL). Let me start by saying I am not real good at picking out certain flavors but I will do my best.

The aroma and appearence of these sticks are top notch. This is got to be in the top 3 sticks in construction. The stick looked flawless with a great triple cap and no veins to speak of. The prelight aroma was of rich tobacco. It was smooth to the touch with a slight oily sheen. It was firm in hand with no soft or hard spots at all.

I clipped it with my Xikar and found the prelight draw to be perfect. I put fire to the foot and got it going good. The aroma from the burning tobacco was hard to describe but it was VERY pleasant.

The Oro is supposed to be stronger than the Platino. I took the first puff of the stick and it is full bodied and has some kick but not a slap in the face kick. The first 3rd of this stick produced tons of thick rich smoke. I could pick up a pleasant woody type flavor and a hint of VERY pleasant sweetness. It had a very long lasting finish on the palate they I really enjoyed.

The second third I had a very slight burn issue that required a slight touchup(I smoked this as soon as I got it). The amount of smoke this baby puts out without a loose draw was amazing. The woody and slight sweetness remained(I wish I could put my finger on it but I cannot). The smoke is creamy so much so it is like you can chew on it.

The last third the strength picked up some but it never got out of control strong. Still the slight tatse of the mystery sweetness with some pepper and woody taste. I smoked this to the nub and enjoyed every moment of it. They look like they will sell in the $10 range and was the best $10 stick I have ever smoked.

I have become a big Viaje fan. I have found in my opinion that the last few special releases of the Viaje(Reserva, Jar Release and Holiday Blend)have blown away the last couple of Tat special releases.

A big thank you to Mark over at Tower Cigars for letting me get my hands on these. I cannot imagine what these will be like with some age. I hope to be able to keep my hands off them long enough to find out.

I smoked one of these a few days before Mark got them in. Thanks again for it sir.

I thought these are terrific, a cigar that is definitely worth trying to get your hands on. The Platino however did not really make my cut, the first inch was great but afterwards just got plan boring and it felt like smoking on air. Mark still has plenty at his shop if you guy are looking.