• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Video Survelliance for the home - Opinions?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I need to install a video survelliance system for the house, just need 2 cameras. Does anyone know of a web based service that allows you to view the feed remotely? I'm using ugolog.com right now, but it's not so great. Thanks...

Tincam is..."alright". But can I introduce you to Rovio?

Rovio!

Edit: Unless you need remote control of the cam, you could also consider simply setting it up in a video conferencing program. I've done it in Trilian, but I'm sure it could be done in any number of programs, including netmeeting, etc.

There are a few companies that offer nanny cams that you can view remotely. Marquis Security Systems has a few different packages that allow Internet viewing that start at $399. If you are looking for a relatively good do it yourself system, that's where I would start. I use to design systems back in the days of dial up Internet, and I know the technology has come a long way since then. A state of the art system will run a few thousand bucks, but the systems from Marquis might be a good place to start if you are looking for something a stripped down and simple.

For a once a day trip into your Humi I will sit around your house and tell what is going on.... :p

We have an 8 cam CCTV system that is tied into the perimeter fence, when ever anything touches the fence the closest cams snaps to the area and we get to look at the cute bunny.....

but, alas, we have no remote viewing, or I could be doing this from my house while nekkid eating mini powdered donuts.

Tim

I'm using ugolog.com right now, but it's not so great. Thanks...

Rod, what is the most annoying or missing thing from Ugolog?

I am trying to make Ugolog simple but useful, please let me know what am I doing wrong :)

Alexander

I am trying to make Ugolog simple but useful, please let me know what am I doing wrong :)

Alexander

Wow...did the Ugolog people track you down? I'm not sure if it is amazing customer service or kinda creepy. Either way it is kind of cool how they wish to improve their product to meet the needs of the consumer. Just my 2 cents.

Alexander

Wow...did the Ugolog people track you down? I'm not sure if it is amazing customer service or kinda creepy. Either way it is kind of cool how they wish to improve their product to meet the needs of the consumer. Just my 2 cents.

I was gonna say that too. When I read that I was like wow! Kind of a creepy first post! Must be that new microsoft search engine... I hope we don't see this cropping up now...