• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"View New Posts"

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
Currently, this is located just above the "Sponsor's Ad" on any page:

My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · My Friends · 0 New Messages

The "View New Posts" used to bring up a part of a page, or 2 pages, whatever was posted since I last logged on. Now, I'm up to 13 pages all the way back to October 18th. It's the same on both 'puters, here and at home.

NOTE:

Not complaining, just maybe trying to help troubleshoot the issue with "the new posts button" thread. I put it in a seperate thread 'cause maybe the 2 aren't linked at all!!! ???

I'm getting the same thing, but only intermittently. I know Rod is working on the other issue. If it can be fixed, I know he'll figure it out! :D

Working 100% here. Two things I always do when a web page(s) are acting flaky:

- Flush your browser cache. Should be in the "Tools" menu somewhere, depending on which browser you are using. Close your browser.

- Flush your DNS resolver cache. In windows, open a DOS window and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

You would be surprised how many problems those two steps solve...... :cool:

Good Luck - B.B.S.

If using Firefox is it good enough to have it clear all private data upon exit? That's what I have it set to and it deletes all cookies and clears the cache. I'm not sure about the DNS stuff.

If using Firefox is it good enough to have it clear all private data upon exit? That's what I have it set to and it deletes all cookies and clears the cache. I'm not sure about the DNS stuff.
In Firefox, go to Tools / Options, Select the "Advanced" tab on top and then the "Network" tab just below that. There is a "Cache" section, and a "Clear Now" button. That'll do it..... :cool:

Good luck, guys - B.B.S.

In Firefox, go to Tools / Options, Select the "Advanced" tab on top and then the "Network" tab just below that. There is a "Cache" section, and a "Clear Now" button. That'll do it..... :cool:

Good luck, guys - B.B.S.
That seemed to clear it up for me. I always thought that the "clear private data" thing took care of that, but I guess it doesn't.

Thanks!

:thumbs:

FWIW:

This issue just went away for me today. This morning I saw 4 new pages of posts, where I was up to 110 pages last time I looked.

Upgraded the forum night, and one of the fixes was to resolve this issue.

Thank Rod. I was getting tired of re-reading Matt's sick fantasies. :whistling: