• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp custom work, exotic woods

Bayamos

You reap what you sow...
I came across this site, and love his work. There is a live feed of the shop and several options to choice from.
He does, Avanti. Edge-star , Emerson, Frigidaire ect...

The exotic woods used for the drawers are a nice touch. Even the Spanish cedar looks great. My favorite is
the Figured Bubinga. You can even click on the pic's and it will show you the front of the units in its
finished state.

I have never order from this person, but I compelled to "pull the trigger" . Any thoughts would be appreciated.

He is the site: http://www.chasidorhumidors.com/

The drawers and trays definitely look nice. The biggest red flag I see are the return and guarantee policies. They say guaranteed, but they will charge you for restocking fees if you return it. And those beautiful stained and exotic woods you can't return at all. Seems iffy.

The drawers and trays definitely look nice. The biggest red flag I see are the return and guarantee policies. They say guaranteed, but they will charge you for restocking fees if you return it. And those beautiful stained and exotic woods you can't return at all. Seems iffy.

Thanks, I know they have a restocking fee of 15%. It appears to be a small, owner shop so, I could live with the 15% if I wasn't happy.

I have drawers by him, I'm very happy with his work but I wasn't happy with his time frame on shipping it took 3 1/2 months to get my stuff. I recommended don't go with the fancy wood it only takes more time and find out what's all ready cut and finished so you'll have it faster.

I just sent him a PM on a group by of 5 units.

I asked him to price it out for the following:
2 large draws
3 small draws
1 cedar shelf
6 small dividers
4 large dividers

Top small draw would have a slotted top instead of a glass top, but all this (draws,etc.) will be open for discussion prior to the order.
I also asked him for the price on both cedar and exotic.

Any thoughts.......

I have these drawers in just plain cedar, and while I do love them and they are excellent quality, I will admit I too am not a fan of the amount of time it took to get them.

I have these drawers in just plain cedar, and while I do love them and they are excellent quality, I will admit I too am not a fan of the amount of time it took to get them.

What was your turn around?

I have his cedar shelves and trays and couldn't be happier. Might I suggest leaning more toward the double drawers. One double drawer will hold as many as 3 single drawers.

What was your turn around?

Over a month. I don't remember specifically. He does them in batches, also, so while it only took a little over a month for him to make them, it took another month or so to even start them.

I will say, however, the end product is VERY nice. I love my drawers. I agree with Klipsch, the double drawers are where it is at. I got them with glass tops, but I don't use them. YMMV.

I have his cedar shelves and trays and couldn't be happier. Might I suggest leaning more toward the double drawers. One double drawer will hold as many as 3 single drawers.

Would you suggest 3 large, 2 small or 4 large 1 small........

Would you suggest 3 large, 2 small or 4 large 1 small........
Just my preference...But I'd say 4 large and one small

Sent this place 3 e-mails with no response. That tells me a lot about this guy.

He's good as far as product (maybe), but he is lacking terribly in the communication
department. Hell, we even offered a group buy for some units and he still blew me off.

Time to get out my router and uncover the table saw.

My VT is fitted with 2 large drawers and a slotted shelf from Chas.

I use the shelf at the bottom to hold boxes for aging. Underneath
this is a shallow tray with 1/2# beads.

The large drawers hold about 4 boxes, w/o the box. I use another
shallow tray on the glass of the top drawer for another 1/2# beads.

Inside each drawer there is 2oz. - 4oz. of beads.

The VT is the single best investment I made for my cigars.
The drawers Chasden makes work very well, and look good.

Chemyst :cool:

If you want to get your own Bubinga veneer, check out www.veneersupplies.com. Maybe you could apply it yourself. I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Be careful though, Joe's site is another vortex. He's got tons of info for the do it yourselfer.